Brompton Oratory

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Brompton Oratory

Postby top priority » 03 Apr 2010, 22:47

Anyone out there,who went to Rorys memorial service?
Was just browsing through some Japanese web site,think its called "Checker and Blues",and lo and behold saw a photograph of myself standing outside,where Bob Geldof was shaking hands with Rorys mum Monica,I had the pleasure of speaking to Monica that day,what a lovely person she was,was so taken aback that we had travelled 200 miles through the night from Leeds,just to be there,but that was the least we could do,Rory meant so much to me personally.I still have the service booklet that Monica signed for me,i will treasure that forever,by cruel twist of fate,i was in Cork when Monica passed away in August 2005,was so nice to be able to pay my respects when i was there.
It dosent seem nearly 15 years since Rory was taken from us,but the spirit still lives on,it was fantastic to see all these musicians turn out at Brompton,Peter Green who was just coming out of his recovery,walked passed me along with Van Morrison,just shows how much Rory meant to these people.
Just to add some humour to this post,and anyone that knows me on here,and there are a few,i cant believe how much weight i had on me then,and how much hair i had... :lol:

Just to say were heading over to Cork on May 23rd,for four days,and will be nice to pay our respects to Rory and Monica.

Best wishes to all Rory fans out there,and especially to all our friends,who we havent seen in ages.

Mark and Dee.... :D
top priority

Re: Brompton Oratory

Postby Noelle » 04 Apr 2010, 13:21

Hi Mark and Dee and Happy Easter to you and all. Cool picture at the Brompton Oratory. I was there too but I didn't know you then. I actually got into the photo taken outside the Oratory which was in the Jean-Noel Coghe book. You wouldn't notice me but I swear that dot was me! All the best. Noelle.
Noelle

Postby top priority » 04 Apr 2010, 17:05

Noelle wrote:Hi Mark and Dee and Happy Easter to you and all. Cool picture at the Brompton Oratory. I was there too but I didn't know you then. I actually got into the photo taken outside the Oratory which was in the Jean-Noel Coghe book. You wouldn't notice me but I swear that dot was me! All the best. Noelle.

Hi Noelle,Happy Easter to you as well,hope you are? Sorry weve not been in touch,as we have been really busy,were moving into a new house in 3 weeks.
Must have a look at the Jean-Noelle Coghe book,because i am in the photo as well!!! Am sure you will recognise me,too much hair though!!!
Were really looking forward to going to Cork in May,Dee cant wait to do the Rory thing.
Hope we will catch up with you soon Noelle... :D
Take care,Mark and Dee.
top priority

Postby Johnbox73 » 05 Apr 2010, 07:40

Just saw this post - I was the bloke who took the shots at The Brompton
Oratory. I asked the lady who owns the Japanese website (checkered & blues)
if she'd like to add them to her great site. Think I have a few more from
the day - if I can find 'em, I'll post 'em!

Cheers!

John W
Johnbox73

Postby top priority » 05 Apr 2010, 11:56

Johnbox73 wrote:Just saw this post - I was the bloke who took the shots at The Brompton
Oratory. I asked the lady who owns the Japanese website (checkered & blues)
if she'd like to add them to her great site. Think I have a few more from
the day - if I can find 'em, I'll post 'em!

Cheers!

John W

That would be great John,look forward to seeing them,have you got anymore from Manchester Intrnational 2,October 1987,i was right at the front in front of Rory,and anymore from Palace Theatre from November 1988,was also at that gig,brings back fantastic memories,thanks in advance... :D
top priority

Postby Johnbox73 » 17 Apr 2010, 10:38

hey 'Top priority'

I've found some other shots from the Manchester International
show 1987. They are not fantastic quality, but may be of interest to you (and others).
I've sent them, (along with several others, including the sad night at the Town & Country
club - London 1992) to the lady who owns the Japanese Rory site
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/checkerandblues/rory/
hopefully she'll add them to her fantastic site soon.

PS: Some of them feature a 17 year old me (when I had hair!) :-)
23 years ago... wow!!

Cheers!
John W
Johnbox73

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome