Peter Green RIP

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: Peter Green RIP

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Jul 2020, 11:30

It is very sad news that Peter Green co founder of Fleetwood Mac has died at the age of 73.
Peter was a great player and friend of Rory Gallagher who did some of his last recordings on The Peter Green Songbook album :cry:

R.I.P Peter Green
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 27 Jul 2020, 21:43

I was very saddened to hear this news and so was Susie and my cousin Anjan. He was a talented guitarist, singer and songwriter RIP Peter Green. My condolences to Peter's family, friends and fans. Subrata.xx
SUBY1974

Postby zanny » 16 Aug 2020, 03:20

https://www.hotpress.com/music/remember ... t-22823608
Extract: "The only good versions of my own songs that I've heard, the best one I've heard of mine, the only one of one of mine that I've really liked, is Rory Gallagher's 'Leaving Town Blues'," he offers. "He does a version of that, and it's a different arrangement, but it's a really, really good one."

He produces a thick wodge of lyrics faxed to him by Rory Gallagher, intended for future song-writing collaboration. The results, if they reach CD, should prove to be an intriguing mix.

"I worry whether they'll ever come through properly on record. Whether it will be polished enough. Even with this group now, I want to polish it a little bit more than we are doing."
zanny

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Aug 2020, 12:20

zanny wrote:https://www.hotpress.com/music/remembering-peter-green-our-1997-interview-with-the-late-fleetwood-mac-guitarist-22823608
Extract: "The only good versions of my own songs that I've heard, the best one I've heard of mine, the only one of one of mine that I've really liked, is Rory Gallagher's 'Leaving Town Blues'," he offers. "He does a version of that, and it's a different arrangement, but it's a really, really good one."
He produces a thick wodge of lyrics faxed to him by Rory Gallagher, intended for future song-writing collaboration. The results, if they reach CD, should prove to be an intriguing mix.
"I worry whether they'll ever come through properly on record. Whether it will be polished enough. Even with this group now, I want to polish it a little bit more than we are doing."

I asked Daniel Gallagher here about the songs Rory had written before his passing for a new album to be released in 1995. That wasn't to be sadly :cry:
Donal Gallagher I know passed on the hand written words over to Peter Green to see if he could produce something with them.

Hi Daniel, I hope all still good with you’s ? Obviously you’ve heard of the very sad passing of Peter Green last weekend. One of the great songwriters & guitarists that emerged out of the late 60’s with Rory. Well after Rory’s passing in 95 I remember your Dad saying about the works and songs Rory had written for a new album almost ready to be completed and he’d handed the manuscripts over to Peter Green. Did anything become of this? If not did your Dad keep the RG manuscripts and try with anybody else? Rock On for Rory Slainte JJ

Hi JJ, all good here yes very sad about Peter's passing, wonderful player. I remember my Dad talking about giving some of Rory's songs in progress to other artists but nothing ever came of it, which is a shame. Take care, Daniel
Jay Jay

Postby zanny » 16 Aug 2020, 13:25

Thanks, JJ.
"A thick wodge of lyrics" sounds like something quite substantial. A great pity that they seem to have dropped into a black hole. Even if Donal gave the lyrics to Peter Green to possibly record, I assume Rory's estate would still have a copyright claim over Rory's lyrics. Also, in the interview PG says that the lyrics were faxed to him, so presumably Donal might still have Rory's original handwritten manuscript.
zanny

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Aug 2020, 20:34

It would be lovely if something can be done with Rory's lyrics he and Donal have given to Peter Green. Maybe Peter may have been working on them? Whose know. Anything is possible. I guess its something Daniel, Donal the the Gallagher Towers can look into some day. Subrata.
SUBY1974

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE