RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear.

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 23 May 2020, 09:22

Planet Rock are just playing A Million Miles Away -Absolutely beautiful !
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 23 May 2020, 09:33

Jay Jay wrote:It's hard to believe this but a Rory fan / friend I know On Facebook yesterday said..
That Planet Rock played a Taste tune " Blister On The Moon " Wow where did they dig that Rory song out from :)

The last time i heard a Taste tune played on radio back in the 70's when Alan "Fluff "Freeman played Blister On The Moon on his Radio 1 Saturday Rock Show.As i had bought On The Boards first ,i was so impressed i had to rush out and buy the first album.The late John Peel did play Rory stuff on his late evening show.
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 07 Jun 2020, 14:00

Planet Rock played Kickback City today on the Blues Power show ,it made a pleasant change as i don't recall hearing it on PR before or remember it being quite so heavy.
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 08 Jun 2020, 07:31

Does it bother anyone on here when myself or others post about hearing Rory on the radio ? Some members on the Rory Gallagher Group on Facebook have suggested removing members for posting having heard the great man .I think it is a great way of spreading the word and finding new fans.If anyone on here finds my postings offensive please say and i will cease although i thought forums etc were all about discussion or have i missed something ?
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Jun 2020, 11:48

vasdis wrote:Planet Rock played Kickback City today on the Blues Power show ,it made a pleasant change as i don't recall hearing it on PR before or remember it being quite so heavy.
vasdis wrote:Does it bother anyone on here when myself or others post about hearing Rory on the radio ? Some members on the Rory Gallagher Group on Facebook have suggested removing members for posting having heard the great man .I think it is a great way of spreading the word and finding new fans.If anyone on here finds my postings offensive please say and i will cease although i thought forums etc were all about discussion or have i missed something ?


No it doesn't bother anyone on here. To the contrary..
I agree with you Vasdis, hearing RG's music on a national radio station like Planet Rock is an essential way of bringing more attention to Rory's great music. Plus saying they played "Kickback City" gives more depth into the collection for listener to think. I like the sound of this guys playing and then search further into Rory's extensive catalogue of other great tunes.

Excepting the Rory Gallagher Official Facebook page. Take the other RG numerous pages with a pinch of salt. As most aren't regulated or moderated in the interests of RG and the Gallagher Family..
As this RORY "Loose Talk" Forum has always been. Please carry on posting as Donal & Daniel Gallagher will be glad to hear Planet Rock are extending their rather small RG collection atm :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
User avatar
Jay Jay
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:03
Location: In Your Town

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 09 Jun 2020, 16:31

Jay Jay wrote:
vasdis wrote:Planet Rock played Kickback City today on the Blues Power show ,it made a pleasant change as i don't recall hearing it on PR before or remember it being quite so heavy.
vasdis wrote:Does it bother anyone on here when myself or others post about hearing Rory on the radio ? Some members on the Rory Gallagher Group on Facebook have suggested removing members for posting having heard the great man .I think it is a great way of spreading the word and finding new fans.If anyone on here finds my postings offensive please say and i will cease although i thought forums etc were all about discussion or have i missed something ?


No it doesn't bother anyone on here. To the contrary..
I agree with you Vasdis, hearing RG's music on a national radio station like Planet Rock is an essential way of bringing more attention to Rory's great music. Plus saying they played "Kickback City" gives more depth into the collection for listener to think. I like the sound of this guys playing and then search further into Rory's extensive catalogue of other great tunes.

Excepting the Rory Gallagher Official Facebook page. Take the other RG numerous pages with a pinch of salt. As most aren't regulated or moderated in the interests of RG and the Gallagher Family..
As this RORY "Loose Talk" Forum has always been. Please carry on posting as Donal & Daniel Gallagher will be glad to hear Planet Rock are extending their rather small RG collection atm :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay


Thanks for your support John M
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 18 Jun 2020, 06:45

PR are just playing Bad Penny from their vast selection of Rory tunes.
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 27 Jun 2020, 10:12

PR played Crest Of A Wave earlier.
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 05 Jul 2020, 06:56

Planet Rock played Calling Card yesterday ,fantastic tune but i wish they had a greater selection of Rory tunes ,i think i have more.Still at least they play Rory .I only had to change stations once yesterday when they played a band who's name sounds like 2 types of electrical current ,they play far too much of them.
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 05 Jul 2020, 07:21

I must take some of that back Sam Hughes is just playing Shadow Play on Planet Rock .Whatever next ? 2 Rory tunes in 2days keep it up PR !
vasdis
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • RADIO • TV • RECORDS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests