Rory Gallagher USA 61 Fender Sunburst Stratocaster Lookalike

Well that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming

Rory Gallagher USA 61 Fender Sunburst Stratocaster Lookalike

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Apr 2020, 11:37

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Here she is after 12 years of building and putting her together. Finally got her to be the real deal. This Fender USA early 60's reissue Sunburst Stratocaster. Is as close to Rory’s would have been when he bought his from Crowleys Music Store in Cork back in the early 60’s. It’s even wired up how Rory had his Strat with volume & master bottom tone control ;)

92023061_1176800345985656_7674076710693765120_n.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: Rory Gallagher USA 61 Fender Sunburst Stratocaster Looka

Postby JimLED » 21 Apr 2020, 11:18

Congrats, Jay Jay! It's looks new and clean! Do you already know where be your first tour? :D
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Apr 2020, 22:32

JimLED wrote:Congrats, Jay Jay! It's looks new and clean! Do you already know where be your first tour? :D

As soon as this lockdown has ended you’ll be the first to know Jim..When this baby goes on tour. Plus it may have a very special other baby supporting her by then also ;)

Rockin’ On for Rory
Slainte M’haith
Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 05 May 2020, 11:57

There’s only one thing I’m not happy with about my Rory ‘61 lookalike Fender USA Sunburst Stratocaster. It’s a wonder you guitar geeks didn’t spot it. Well it’s the pickguard / scratchplate. It hasn’t got the early strat models little curved piece out for the truss rod. Plus been asking Daniel Gallagher today what exact colour was it when Rory bought it out of Crowley’s Music Store In 1963. Daniel isn’t sure what exact colour that it was going on how it looks today. As obviously gone an off white due to wear & tear and age. Can’t tell even on close up still shots of Taste Live at IOW dvd. I asked Daniel to ask his Dad if he remembers what the exact colour was in 1963. It’s either 1. White 2. Off White (Cream) or less likely 3. Mint Green? Has any of you guys out there got a really clear colour photo of The Taste or even better his Showband days of Rory’s ‘61 Fender Stratocaster?

Rock On for Rory Slainte JJ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Jay Jay

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • GUITARS • GEAR TALK