Tribute to Robertasparrow

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs

Tribute to Robertasparrow

Postby monty » 17 Sep 2019, 15:18

As some of you are aware I have diagnosed with terminal cancer.I am in hospital just now not related to the cancer but still not nice being in hospital.Ive been here since last Tuesday and my first visit Roberta.....travelled four thousand miles just to see me,what a lady.thank you from the bottom of my heart

M
monty

Re: Tribute to Robertasparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Sep 2019, 18:55

monty wrote:As some of you are aware I have diagnosed with terminal cancer.I am in hospital just now not related to the cancer but still not nice being in hospital.Ive been here since last Tuesday and my first visit Roberta.....travelled four thousand miles just to see me,what a lady.thank you from the bottom of my heart
M

That is truly incredible to hear Jim (Monty). As Roberta (Cynthia) has not been that well herself for sometime.
I hope they are looking after you well Jim in hospital. We all missed you in Nantwich this year. A few of the bands on stage gave you a mention and wished you all the best.

I don't suppose we're gonna see you's in Dublin next month for their Rory Tribute at The WMC?

Rock On for Rory
All the very best
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Sep 2019, 22:40

It was truly wonderful of Cynthia to fly over to visit you Jim. I am sending you prayers and that you can be home from hospital soon. Subrata.xx
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 19 Oct 2019, 23:44

It ia October 19, I was attempting a bit of routine maintenaince on the site here, and I hadn't seen this thread at all until now. I am so surprised to see this post, I'm sorry I did not respond to it sooner. This summer has been crazy, and I have not really kept a close enough eye on the site as I should have. This post completely eluded me until I got into the guts of the system to move some things around and update it..

Jim (AKA Monty) has been my dear friend for quite some time. Yes, I did go to visit him in his beautiful country, Scotland. He graciously left his home open to me to stay in while he was in hospital, and his children kindly helped me get around and were very warm and welcoming, giving generously of their time driving me to and from the hospital, and showing me their hometown. Thank you Jim. I truly enjoyed seeing your home town and spending time with you, I can't express enough how much it meant to me. :D And, BTW, It is sooo much easier talking to you than it is typing away on one of these machines :lol: :lol: :lol: .

To JayJay and everyone at the festival in Dublin, I hope you are all having a wonderful time (wish I was there). And, also, Happy Birthday Jay Jay! Have an extra slice of cake for me!

RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs