What is your favourite Rory album cover

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

What is your favourite Rory album cover

Postby blues blooded » 12 Aug 2017, 19:20

On the whole Rory let his music do the talking rather than going in for intricate album artwork.

However I do like the Deuce cover. It's a lovely photo of a youthful Rory , eyes closed, lost in the moment. Defender is striking another cover with the light reflecting off the car windscreen

And obviously with my avatar, Photo Finish is another :D

What is everyone else's choice?
Last edited by blues blooded on 12 Aug 2017, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
blues blooded

Re: What is your favourite Rory album cover

Postby Sid_Sidow » 12 Aug 2017, 21:45

Long time favorite of mine is Tattoo - two reasons.....
This is where I first learned of Rory, seeing him on US TV just blew me away!
And I always thought if I ever got a tattoo, it would be this image!!!

This is on my favorite t-shirt also!!!

Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby AnnaMaria » 13 Aug 2017, 08:39

My favourite is the old photo of Rory in black and white from "Fresh Evidence"

However, the picture is beautiful, but it is sad that he use a picture of himself from 1973 when the record is released 1990. It´s like "my face is not selling anymore", but maybe there is a real reason behind it which I don´t know. I would understand it better if he had used a picture of himself as a 9 year old boy with his first guitar.

I don´t think there are any bad covers are there?
AnnaMaria

Postby blues blooded » 13 Aug 2017, 10:32

AnnaMaria wrote:My favourite is the old photo of Rory in black and white from "Fresh Evidence"

However, the picture is beautiful, but it is sad that he use a picture of himself from 1973 when the record is released 1990. It´s like "my face is not selling anymore", but maybe there is a real reason behind it which I don´t know. I would understand it better if he had used a picture of himself as a 9 year old boy with his first guitar.

Actually I didn't realise it was a photo from 1973, Rory looks older and fuller in the face. It's a shame he felt like that, but kind of understandable in the fickle world of show business
blues blooded

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Aug 2017, 08:25

blues blooded wrote:
AnnaMaria wrote:My favourite is the old photo of Rory in black and white from "Fresh Evidence"

Actually I didn't realise it was a photo from 1973, Rory looks older and fuller in the face. It's a shame he felt like that, but kind of understandable in the fickle world of show business

Hi Blues Blooded & Anna Maria. This was not the case with Fresh Evidence. When Rory was alive he released the original cover on vinyl with white cover with him as the older Rory. The cd was released with same cover in 1990 after the vinyl. The remastered with bonus tracks is the black and white picture released after Rory's passing in 1999

Original ~ Fresh Evidence release cover
Fresh Evidence ~ Rory Gallagher.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Aug 2017, 10:45

That one. :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby CiaSeattle » 14 Aug 2017, 14:00

Mine too, Roberta.
CiaSeattle

Postby AnnaMaria » 14 Aug 2017, 16:31

Aha, thank You Jay Jay for your answer. I´m happy to hear Rory didn´t choose the picture himself, that was what I was worried about. Still my favourite cover though. :D
AnnaMaria

Postby capo » 14 Aug 2017, 18:28

"Live in Europe" I just love the whole context of the cover, the overall red tint, from Rory's shirt and lighting, the sweat soaked Strat, his closed eyes and intense facial expression. There's another reason, I needed a photo to frame with my ticket stub from my one and only Rory show. This was years ago before the internet, where now you could easily find a Rory photo,it was'nt so then, so I decided to frame my stub with my "Live in Europe" album cover! By the way, my cover just says "Rory Gallagher Live", so its a later U.S. cover, leaving "Europe" out maybe to help sales in America, I don't know. Anyway I've looked at this on my wall for about twenty years now, so its my favorite.
capo

Postby blues blooded » 14 Aug 2017, 19:21

Jay Jay wrote:
blues blooded wrote:

Hi Blues Blooded & Anna Maria. This was not the case with Fresh Evidence. When Rory was alive he released the original cover on vinyl with white cover with him as the older Rory. The cd was released with same cover in 1990 after the vinyl. The remastered with bonus tracks is the black and white picture released after Rory's passing in 1999. Agree it is a lovely photo though Anna Marie

Original ~ Fresh Evidence album release cover 1990
Fresh Evidence ~ Rory Gallagher.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay

Ah. That image was the one I was thinking off, that's why I was puzzled. The photo is clearly of an older Rory..
The black and white one below is the younger Rory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blues blooded

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES