APOLOGIES To New members PROBLEMS POSTING Ongoing

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

APOLOGIES To New members PROBLEMS POSTING Ongoing

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Feb 2017, 19:45

I must apologies to all new members trying to post and gain access to this forum.

It has been brought to my attention recently from a new member and young lady from Ireland, that has join and is frustrated that she cannot gain access..
Many more must have had the same reply saying that their account is "inactive" after they register.
JimLED our technical guy here is also frustrated, that he cannot do anything either. As he told me that the problem lies with the server of the RG website.

I have told our top man Daniel Gallagher, about this problem for all new members only.
He has informed me he will look into this and see what can be done.

Bear with us all you new members that have tried to gain access and post on Rory's "Loose Talk" Forum..
Normal service to ALL will be resumed as soon as possible

Meanwhile Rock On for Rory
Cheers & slainte m'haith
Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: APOLOGIES To RORY FANS / New Members

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Feb 2017, 16:39

Are there any "New Members" that have been able to post a message yet???
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Feb 2017, 21:00

JimLed any news or luck with Kevin the Rory site server yet?

Also it has been brought to my attention that not just new members but older members have trouble posting with their iphones / ipads.
Frustratingly writing out posts and when they submit it doesn't post saying ERROR also? :(

What's Going On??
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 26 Feb 2017, 21:46

Still waiting for good news, Jay Jay.
And I made this msg via my Android.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Feb 2017, 23:40

JimLED wrote:Still waiting for good news, Jay Jay.
And I made this msg via my Android.

Yes Jim, but that's only a short post via your android. It's when you make a long post when you seem to get a problem. I've had it happened to me even on my laptop..It's as if there is a timeout on when you start your post. I've had it happen to me a couple of times. Now I always copy and paste before I make a long post before I submit just in case it disappears. So that I don't lose it and get frustrated that you have to write the post or topic all over again :roll:
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 27 Feb 2017, 09:48

Jay Jay wrote:Yes Jim, but that's only a short post via your android. It's when you make a long post when you seem to get a problem. I've had it happened to me even on my laptop..It's as if there is a timeout on when you start your post. I've had it happen to me a couple of times. Now I always copy and paste before I make a long post before I submit just in case it disappears. So that I don't lose it and get frustrated that you have to write the post or topic all over again :roll:

I'll check this situation with long posts, Jay Jay. But, I think it is result of server errors.

Jim
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 27 Feb 2017, 10:49

Yes Jim,
there's definitely a problem. Mrs Jay (Edged in Blue) told me last night tried 2 times with her iphone to post message on topic " A big thanks to Jay Jay " and it would not post saying "error". Then with her ipad it said same thing when trying to post "error"??

This morning she's gone into work and posted the message / reply fine on her works full PC computer :)
Jay Jay

Re: APOLOGIES To RORY FANS New & Old Members PROBLEMS POSTI

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Mar 2017, 11:03

Hi Jim, I've sent you a PM a few days ago now without reply?
SUBY74 (Subrata) send you and I a message telling us she can't gain access to this forum now. So this "BIG PROBLEM" is effecting MANY of our members now new and old, of not been able to post and access on the boards :(

Could the problem be anything to do with these boards being too overloaded? Plus as I put in a PM to you Daniel said he is chasing up Kevin the server to get in touch with you. For you tech guys to sort out this escalating problem.

What's Going On??
Jay Jay

Re: APOLOGIES To RORY FANS New & Old Members PROBLEMS POSTI

Postby JimLED » 25 Mar 2017, 12:44

Jay Jay wrote:Hi Jim, I've sent you a PM a few days ago now without reply?

Hi Jay Jay! Last two days had a hard work days.

Jay Jay wrote:SUBY74 (Subrata) send you and I a message telling us she can't gain access to this forum now. So this "BIG PROBLEM" is effecting MANY of our members now new and old, of not been able to post and access on the boards :(
Could the problem be anything to do with these boards being too overloaded? Plus as I put in a PM to you Daniel said he is chasing up Kevin the server to get in touch with you. For you tech guys to sort out this escalating problem.

Please, do not panic! Subrata did tell you wich way of connection she has used to load the forum page? Please, provide more information. It's like a fortune telling... How to understand 'she can't gain access'? How many browsers did she use to get access, or did she clean up the browser's cache? A million questions. And why we still using a public page to talk about every problem we had? Please, PM. :D

jim
JimLED

Re: APOLOGIES To New & Old Members PROBLEMS POSTING Ongoing

Postby SUBY1974 » 26 Mar 2017, 17:48

WAHOOH She IS back! Hope to stay back! Thanks Jim and Jay Jay for all your help with the re-acccess. I can now continue to Rock On For Rory!!! Subrata. x :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES