The Loop

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: The Loop

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Jun 2016, 23:15

Well The Loop looks great. Thanks for the video Cynthia. Subrata.:0)
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Jun 2016, 23:23

AnnaMaria wrote:I think I read somewhere that he used the bike once to the airport in Cork. But that must be a joke or?

Yes can someone verify this story please. I had a dream I was in Cork and Rory rode passed me on a bike! He just smiled and went on his merry way. I told Susie about the dream and she said that made sense. Well Rory never drove.
I think Cork is a great place to cycle,especially over all those bridges. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Jun 2016, 02:04

SUBY1974 wrote:
AnnaMaria wrote:I think I read somewhere that he used the bike once to the airport in Cork. But that must be a joke or?

Yes can someone verify this story please. I had a dream I was in Cork and Rory rode passed me on a bike! He just smiled and went on his merry way. I told Susie about the dream and she said that made sense. Well Rory never drove.
I think Cork is a great place to cycle,especially over all those bridges. Subrata.x

Seems quite possible to me, my generation got around on bicycles before we were legal age to drive, in Ireland I imagine it was even more typical. And I did see a photo of Rory once, sitting by the side of a country road and a bicycle was in the background. Of course, that could have been photo-shopped but who knows? And of course, now that I want to find that picture, I cannot.

:) Cynthia
RobertaSparrow

Postby willie the pimp » 12 Jun 2016, 05:14

RobertaSparrow wrote:
SUBY1974 wrote:

Seems quite possible to me, my generation got around on bicycles before we were legal age to drive, in Ireland I imagine it was even more typical. And I did see a photo of Rory once, sitting by the side of a country road and a bicycle was in the background. Of course, that could have been photo-shopped but who knows? And of course, now that I want to find that picture, I cannot.

Have you looked here?
https://www.flickr.com/groups/rorygallagher/pool/
willie the pimp

Postby JimLED » 12 Jun 2016, 11:51

RobertaSparrow wrote:
SUBY1974 wrote:

"Gotta ride somewhere, Girls?" :D ^)))
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby capo » 12 Jun 2016, 13:07

In my opinion, with no knowledge or expertise about photos, this is fake. Or as they say, photo-shopped. Rory never struck me as a outdoorsy or exercise type. Except when he tore up the boards on stage. But he was pretty athletic, in his younger days, when you think about those great leaps in the air he performed onstage in the 70's. Donal said he was solidly built, like a boxer, and could have handled himself, if he had to. But Rory was as non-violent as you could find. Hey, what was this thread about again? :mrgreen: Sorry. Back to the thread.
capo

Postby M.felix » 12 Jun 2016, 16:47

15. Q1; Did Rory ever find the time to go motorbike riding?
Q2; There is the story of a Ford Executive that Muddy Waters traveled
around in on his UK visit. It was said that Rory couldn't bear to move that car
on & it sat on the lawn for quite a long time. I'm wondering what ever became
of that car?
Cheers - Eno

Donal: Hi Eno, Rory didn’t have a license to drive ‘til late on, however, he
loved bikes and envied the freedom of the road that riders have, lyrically
displayed in the song ‘Shin-kicker’. The Ford, yes it sat outside the front of
our family home, in Cork. As it blocked my mother’s garage she had it
removed by a garage after my brother’s passing, as it was a daily reminder of
Rory’s absence. http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/201 ... _gallagher
M.felix

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Jun 2016, 17:56

capo wrote:In my opinion, with no knowledge or expertise about photos, this is fake. Or as they say, photo-shopped. Rory never struck me as a outdoorsy or exercise type. Except when he tore up the boards on stage. But he was pretty athletic, in his younger days, when you think about those great leaps in the air he performed onstage in the 70's. Donal said he was solidly built, like a boxer, and could have handled himself, if he had to. But Rory was as non-violent as you could find. Hey, what was this thread about again? :mrgreen: Sorry. Back to the thread.

That's the photo I was looking for! Leave it to Jim to find it. Yes Capo, I agree it appears photo-shopped, but I like it anyway. 8-) I think if Rory rode a bicycle it was as a means of transportation and not so much as an athletic endeavor, just as we, as kids, used them to get around before we could drive a car, and when we either didn't want, or couldn't get, a parent to drive us somewhere. I don't know if he ever rode a bike as an adult, but I'd bet he and Donal used them to get around when they were kids growing up. And, yes, this has very little to do with the original thread, but hey, I digress. :mrgreen:

RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 12 Jun 2016, 18:10

RobertaSparrow wrote:That's the photo I was looking for! Leave it to Jim to find it. Yes Capo, I agree it appears photo-shopped, but I like it anyway.

OK, just a little light on it... it's was mine work. I did this photo at 2007 or 2008. Didn't have a much time to fix the shadows on the pic.. but...it's nice that you're like this collage! :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby AnnaMaria » 12 Jun 2016, 18:48

But I swear I read it somewhere. And then I got this crazy vision after reading a book where it said that the bands flighttickets often were left on the halltable when the rest of them where at the airport. So I thought in the beginning when Rory himself took care of everything he had to get home for the tickets and then used a bike. I mean look, can´t you just see him hunching over the bike, sweating, angry with himself trying to find out who elese is to blame? :mrgreen:

Nice picture Jim!

M Felix: Does that mean he finally got at driviers licence?
AnnaMaria

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE