Rory and Gerry / RG Band members together again

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: Rory and Gerry / RG Band members together again

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Feb 2016, 15:15

The reason why I moderated the title of this thread is to include other musicians Rory played with and put them ALL as I said before on a level playing field. I repeat I can't understand why Gerry it seems to me is put apart on the next level down to Rory or almost same level ?????????

Gerry being no better than any other of the around 15 other musicians that contributed to.. The "RORY GALLAGHER" Band ;)
He stayed with Rory for longer. Why did he? When we know now he was dissatisfied with his pay and wanted to compose his own stuff ??

As with Taste... "RORY GALLAGHER" and ONLY his name is entitled and rightfully to be on the copyrights of HIS songs, that ONLY HE composed :)

PS, It's a shame Rory did not complete the album he had wrote many songs for in 1995 with his last lineup. He I'm sure if he had recovered would have gone on to the studio's that year and recorded it? With David Levy (Bass) Richard Newman (Drums) probably John Cooke / Lou Martin (keyboards) with definitely Mark Feltham (Harmonica) Gerry out on tour with NBZ ;)
Jay Jay

Postby AnnaMaria » 21 Feb 2016, 15:27

And I don´t understand why I seem to defend him. I don´t know him, I will never do, I don´t hate him and really I don´t care about him. He was good playing with Rory, that´s it.

I Think I´ll be moving on... 8-)
AnnaMaria

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Feb 2016, 15:34

AnnaMaria wrote:And I don´t understand why I seem to defend him. I don´t know him, I will never do, I don´t hate him and really I don´t care about him. He was good playing with Rory, that´s it.

Hi Anna Maria,

You're right absolutely.. nuff said..
We are going around in circles over the same ground as Capo rightly said too :lol:

Moving On - End of Topic !
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 21 Feb 2016, 18:14

Jay Jay wrote:
AnnaMaria wrote:And I don´t understand why I seem to defend him. I don´t know him, I will never do, I don´t hate him and really I don´t care about him. He was good playing with Rory, that´s it.

Hi Anna Maria,

You're right absolutely.. nuff said..
We are going around in circles over the same ground as Capo rightly said too :lol:

Moving On - End of Topic !

Unless someone has a new perspective, we don't want to stifle the exchange of points of view, especially for that silent majority who are too shy to jump in and comment. ;)

RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 21 Feb 2016, 18:32

Jay Jay wrote:The reason why I moderated the title of this thread is to include other musicians Rory played with and put them ALL as I said before on a level playing field. I repeat I can't understand why Gerry it seems to me is put apart on the next level down to Rory or almost same level ?????????

Gerry being no better than any other of the around 15 other musicians that contributed to.. The "RORY GALLAGHER" Band ;)
He stayed with Rory for longer. Why did he? When we know now he was dissatisfied with his pay and wanted to compose his own stuff ??

As with Taste... "RORY GALLAGHER" and ONLY his name is entitled and rightfully to be on the copyrights of HIS songs, that ONLY HE composed :)

PS, It's a shame Rory did not complete the album he had wrote many songs for in 1995 with his last lineup. He I'm sure if he had recovered would have gone on to the studio's that year and recorded it? With David Levy (Bass) Richard Newman (Drums) probably John Cooke / Lou Martin (keyboards) with definitely Mark Feltham (Harmonica) Gerry out on tour with NBZ ;)

If Rory had recovered and was still with us today, I'm sure he would have completed the work he had begun for his 1995 intentions, and after all these 20 years would have gone on to mentor and inspire many more young and upcoming musicians. As for his own band, he was always the leader, and so it seems at least to me his band members were always IMO competent in their instruments, and really inspired to play at their best ability by Rory's own drive and talent. I think that when he worked with musicians of his calibre though was when Rory played at his absolute best. I think Rory would have warmed up to the idea of corroborating more with other exceptional talents, having "side projects," diversifying into forming side bands, as is a fairly common practice today. If he were still here he would have an additional 20 years' worth of amazing new material. And hopefully he would have gone back to Martin acoustic guitars, and ditched that Takamine acoustic, which again IMHO sounded like a wire screen door compared to his old faithful Martin. :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE