Rory and Gerry / RG Band members together again

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: Rory and Gerry / RG Band members together again

Postby CiaSeattle » 10 Feb 2016, 16:53

Mention Gerry and you're sure to get some activity on the website! One thing I think we all might agree on...I'll bet Rory would still be playing with Mark Feltham!
CiaSeattle

Re: Rory and Gerry together

Postby capo » 11 Feb 2016, 14:26

Gerry McAvoy, Great bassist.
capo

Postby M.felix » 11 Feb 2016, 20:42

I agree it is a great bassist and only.
M.felix

Postby SUBY1974 » 17 Feb 2016, 12:21

The way Gerry and Brendan O'Neil left The Rory Gallagher Band did hurt Rory. I understand Gerry and Brendan had their reasons for leaving and life is a continuous wave of change. For a while Rory would not speak to Gerry properly but according to Gerry in 1992 after a gig, Rory and Gerry seemed to have reached a truce. However Gerry and Brendan knew once they left Rory's band ,that would have been it. Rory did not live in past. Pisceans don't. When people let Rory down, he never forgot. Gerry may have played the one or two gigs with Rory ( if he was needed) but I don't think Gerry would have played with Rory full time again. Its just my opinion. But then all of this is just speculation. Gerry however is a good bass player. I have heard him play quite a few times now. Also by 1992 Rory was set to put a new band together and develop his sound. His letter to Paul Fenton in 1994 was a reflection of the direction Rory was intending to head. In fact he was looking forward to the future. I think while at The Conrad, Rory seemed a bit happier for a while. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 17 Feb 2016, 21:36

Jay Jay wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote:
Neither would the festival in Ballyshannon. Instead I would be buying tickets to the next Rory concert, and enjoying his new collaborations with other wonderful musicians. And we would all be listening to his subsequent recordings.

Ozzie Osbourne is still alive and there is an Ozz Fest.. Why not a RORY Fest :D :D :D

PS. RORY always wanted to play in the place of his birth too :D :D :D

PPS. Gerry would be doing what I've been doing lately.. going down the job centre ;)

I have worked for the jobcentres for a long time. Many find it a negative place but that place made me into a tough lady. I learnt so many transferable skills there, which I will take with me when I become self- employed. Met many interesting people in my time there. Subrata. :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby M.felix » 18 Feb 2016, 23:39

when I proposed the subject have relied on Gerry's statements over the years and what he wrote in his biography, this is another issue that needs to be discussed again because for me the book has gaps in my view, it goin 'after analyzing all think Gerry output was late, I know I'm being controversy but this is my opinion. As much as Gerry claims he needed to express himself artistically or Health Rory was holding his performance on stage, I feel that there is no sincerity in what he speaks, something is missing, it is good feeling I have and not someone else's forum has this same view.when asked if it was possible both back playing together wanted to know the opinion of the forum on the relationship of Rory and Gerry as he says they were close friends but I do not see it that way I think Gerry exaggerates a little when he said it was very close Rory one of the reasons for not liking his biography to feel this lack of connection between them.
M.felix

Postby Annie Elliott » 20 Feb 2016, 07:22

I think Rory might have reunited at some point with all his former bandmates, including Gerry, but not necessarily on a regular basis.
Annie Elliott

Postby AnnaMaria » 20 Feb 2016, 09:23

I agree with you Annie. Lou got fired but he played on Rorys last record I Think. They did not tour together tough. And I read somewhere that they met for a chat where Rory lived.
AnnaMaria

Postby Jay Jay » 20 Feb 2016, 10:17

AnnaMaria wrote:Lou got fired but he played on Rorys last record
AnnaMaria wrote:I think Rory might have reunited at some point with all his former bandmates

Lest we forget that Rory after Taste did go back and ask a few musician's now and again, to contribute to other RORY GALLAGHER Albums and Tours throughout his career with.. " The RORY GALLAGHER Band " ie : Lou Martin & John Cooke (Keyboards) Ray Beavis (Tenor sax) Mark Feltham (Harmonica) just to name a few .
A quick head count from me.. I would at a quess say Rory hired but never fired around 15 musicians for " The RORY GALLAGHER Band " :)
Jay Jay

Re: Rory and Gerry / RG Band members together again

Postby Jay Jay » 20 Feb 2016, 10:38

PS. As a thought to my last post here's a question for all you RORY FANS..

With great respect to ALL the other great musicians who played in The RORY GALLAGHER Band ..

Why does Gerry always seem to get singled out from all the others??
Jay Jay

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM