Rory and Gerry / RG Band members together again

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: Rory and Gerry together

Postby M.felix » 09 Feb 2016, 19:05

They think Gerry would not seek a rapprochement? Does anyone have any idea what he would be doing if Roy was alive? Without the book and band of friends
M.felix

Postby M.felix » 09 Feb 2016, 19:12

I say this for the success which was the release of the box and the film and Rory being rediscovered by a new generation and fact Gerry still depend on Rory even it not being with us anymore, my curiosity is no more.
M.felix

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Feb 2016, 19:15

Jay Jay wrote:
M.felix wrote:I'm thinking of Rory's reaction reading the book and the things Gerry talks about it; if Rory was alive did the book exist?

That's obvious.. That book would not exist.. neither would BOF's

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Neither would the festival in Ballyshannon. Instead I would be buying tickets to the next Rory concert, and enjoying his new collaborations with other wonderful musicians. And we would all be listening to his subsequent recordings.

Don't know what Gerry would be doing.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Feb 2016, 19:24

RobertaSparrow wrote:
Neither would the festival in Ballyshannon. Instead I would be buying tickets to the next Rory concert, and enjoying his new collaborations with other wonderful musicians. And we would all be listening to his subsequent recordings.

Ozzie Osbourne is still alive and there is an Ozz Fest.. Why not a RORY Fest :D :D :D

PS. RORY always wanted to play in the place of his birth too :D :D :D

PPS. Gerry would be doing what I've been doing lately.. going down the job centre ;)
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Feb 2016, 19:29

M.felix wrote:They think Gerry would not seek a rapprochement? Does anyone have any idea what he would be doing if Roy was alive? Without the book and band of friends

Gerry was adequate for Rory's music at one time. But Rory's effect on the musicians he worked with was synergistic, evolving. I think Rory would move forward beyond the limitations of Gerry's more limited interpretations.

Gerry might have sought, but what would Rory have to gain by going back, unless he did a nostalgia tour, and what would be the point to that?

I do think that a collaboration with John Wilson would have been intriguing. That band broke up at the peak of their success, and really imploded from interference from management, and not creative differences. Perhaps as musicians, Taste could have gotten back together for unfinished business. Or, maybe once a moment has passed, no matter how intense or dramatic, it cannot be repeated. This is all so very speculative, though.
RobertaSparrow

Postby M.felix » 09 Feb 2016, 21:01

:D I liked the idea of Rory Fest
M.felix

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Feb 2016, 21:11

Jay Jay wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote:

Ozzie Osbourne is still alive and there is an Ozz Fest.. Why not a RORY Fest :D :D :D

PS. RORY always wanted to play in the place of his birth too :D :D :D

PPS. Gerry would be doing what I've been doing lately.. going down the job centre ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Why not, indeed. IF Rory were still alive, and going to play at the festival in Ballyshannon, you can bet I would find a way to be there. 8-)

Far as the job center thing goes, yes, Gerry, you and I would all be sharing space in that line. :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby M.felix » 09 Feb 2016, 21:30

:lol: Gerry going down the job center, it was cruel , I feel guilty now :roll:
M.felix

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Feb 2016, 21:44

M.felix wrote: :lol: Gerry going down the job center, it was cruel , I feel guilty now :roll:

I'm sure you or anyone else is not going to lose any sleep on this.. As it's all hypothetical..
Well done though M.felix for making up a lively topic of discussion :)

RORY ROCKS ON IN MUSICAL HISTORY ANYWAY :)
Jay Jay

Postby M.felix » 09 Feb 2016, 23:48

:D thank you Jay Jay I thank all who responded to discussion I hope to collaborate more.
M.felix

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE