Jay Jay

Re: David Bowie R.I.P.

Postby Mandyl » 11 Jan 2016, 20:07

Such a sad day, another music icon gone :(

Postby Sinner Girl » 11 Jan 2016, 21:17

R.I.P. David Bowie
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby SUBY1974 » 12 Jan 2016, 20:19

Like lot of people in the UK and around the world, I was stunned by David Bowie's passing. It still has not sunk in yet. My school pal text me and said "Have you heard about David?". I thought she meant a student friend of ours. I then logged onto FB and went into shock. In the UK he was a familiar face when we were growing up. He was and is an exceptionally gifted artist. A genius. My prayers are with his family,friends, colleagues and fans. I just feel everything that I grew up with is just disappearing . Sixty nine years of age is not an age to die. I had no he had been so ill. His last album was only released last weekend and it is haunting. I remember watching him at The Freddy Mercury Tribute concert in 1992 on tele. I was utterly devastated when Freddy died and again I had no idea how ill Freddy had been.I guess David, Rory and Freddy will be gigging in the sky. Oh what parties they will have! David was a real Londoner and as a Londoner myself ( born and raised and hopefully I pass in this great city as well) it is hard for us Londoners. We are all stunned . There was quite a gathering in Brixton, London last night for David Bowie. Anyway RIP. You will be sorely missed. Love Subrata. My family, friends and work colleagues are in shock. Here is the Queen song Under Pressure. :cry: :cry: :cry: :(

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jan 2016, 00:20

Postby Sid_Sidow » 14 Jan 2016, 00:52

Curious if Rory and David ever met?
While musically very different, creative minds always seem to gather.

While not a huge Bowie fan, but some of the Mick Ronson guitar licks on the "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" concert movie are killer!!!
It was on a cable channel in the US Friday night. I'm sure because of the birthday/CD release.
But turned rather spooky because I also saw "The Man Who Fell to Earth" Saturday night!!

Then driving top work Monday I hear of his passing. I need to dig out my Tin Machine CD from the basement......

How can you NOT like someone who can come up with SUCH a cool name?!?!?
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jan 2016, 20:43

https://youtu.be/FiK7s_0tGs . David Bowie and Jerermy Paxton interview. David was so right about his prediction of the internet. Subrata.x
Hopefully I will live to see quantum physics influence us one day as much as the digi age. The internet does feel like a "living organism". ;)

Postby philipcuss » 16 Jan 2016, 17:08

The most transformational recording artist that I have ever seen. His death is a huge loss to the world. David Bowie RIP.

Return to R.I.P. Rest In Peace