RORY GALLAGHER ~ Merry Christmas & New Year ~ Calling Cards

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ Merry Christmas ~ Calling Cards

Postby AnnaMaria » 26 Dec 2015, 19:58

Merry Christams and a Happy New Year to you all from Sweden. (Still waiting for that snow to fall though...)
AnnaMaria

Postby Lee61 » 27 Dec 2015, 12:23

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year from Australia...
Lee61

Postby JimLED » 27 Dec 2015, 16:58

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015 to all! :D

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby SUBY1974 » 27 Dec 2015, 21:57

I just love it Jim. Rock On For Rory!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 30 Dec 2015, 00:18

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year!!!

Sorry it took a while to write this. Although, technically I am still within that Christmas window- contrary to popular belief as put forth by the stores and commercial interests, the 12 days of Christmas are not the 12 shopping days preceding Christmas, it is Christmas and the 11 days following it (old school Catholic teaching here) - SO, technically this is the 6th day of Christmas. Those of you with a true love should be getting six geese a-laying any moment now. ;) I know, I know, that is rather excessively orderly and fussy of me. Well, I have a Scottish friend who always posts the correct and proper way to sing Old Lang Syne around this time of year, and this is after all, the time for Tradition with the capital "T." :lol: :lol: http://www.grammarly.com/blog/2014/what ... syne-mean/

I tend to get rather lethargic and depressed around this time of year, and the long, dark, cold Oregon nights don't help much. It is all I can do to get up in the morning and tend to the day-to-day. This year more than most, and much of it has to do with the wonderful time I had visiting Ireland for two weeks out of the 52 of this year. How does one follow that? Seeing Rory's home town, enjoying the oh-so-beautiful Irish summer days, and visiting the places that influenced Rory and his music, and meeting so many people who knew and loved him as well.

A close runner up is the release of the IOW video and accompanying discs and booklet. By the way, I want to repeat again, Thank You So Very Much Donal and Daniel- I know that was a hard fought victory and we are all very grateful for the time, work, and effort it took to get it done. And I say again, I never doubted that you'd get it done! :lol: Thank you so much! I thought I might just wear out my BluRay player playing it over and over!

In Rory terms, 2015 will be a hard year to follow. Much as I would love so very much to do it again, there is no way I can afford to go again in 2016. And that makes me a little sad as well, but I knew it was going to be one of those once in a lifetime experiences when I boarded the jet. And sadder still when I think of the Rory friends that I have met on the internet, then in real life for those brief few days in Ireland, but will likely not see again, in this life anyway.

Happy New Year to all of us! Those of you who have never been, but have the opportunity to go, I highly recommend you take the time to visit Ballyshannon and Cork in June, you won't be disappointed.

Here's to hoping that we have a few more happy Rory surprises coming in the new year. Maybe perhaps we will see Donal's book this year? (not so subtle request ;) )

And a very Happy New Year to you all-

RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 31 Dec 2015, 18:10

Rory New Year.jpg
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ Merry Christmas & New Year ~ Calling C

Postby SUBY1974 » 31 Dec 2015, 23:02

Happy New Year for 2016 everyone. Subrata.xx
SUBY1974

Postby JimLED » 07 Jan 2016, 22:52

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate this day at 6/7 january! :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Jan 2016, 05:46

Excellent point Jim. Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate the Orthodox rite. :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jan 2016, 09:59

Hi Jim and all those countries that celebrate Christmas on the 6th / 7th January..

I'm sorry about changing the Christmas theme, but you got to understand. We here in the UK and Ireland take all our cards and decorations down, after the twelfth night. It is superstitiously thought, that if you leave anything up Christmassy in your house after the 6th Jan. That it will bring bad luck to you all year round.
After all Rory was supposedly superstitious and being Irish. So I thought it appropriate in his home to take the Christmas theme down.

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE