Survival of the fittest

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Survival of the fittest

Postby Tom Jonas » 23 May 2015, 20:31

I am watching Queen live at Wembley 1986 and am a bit dumbfounded.
The one who impress most is the Doctor in Astrophysics, "Observations of the kinematics of the zodiacal dust cloud", Brian May. An astounding guitarist. His slender finger makes his guitar playing possible. I once tried to learn Claptons solo on "While my guitar gently weeps", but it was impossible. There was a part on the 14th fret where my fingers were to clumsy, not place enough.
Well, my point is - the rock/musical branch has it's survivors. And losers, too many. A dangerous job!
I am sure Rory with his bluesvoice could have attracted large crowds. Bur did he really want 78,000 listening at Wembley?
I don't think so. Two-hundred dedicated enthusiasts in a smokey beer-smelling place would have made him happy.
Tom Jonas

Re: Survival of the fittest

Postby Jay Jay » 23 May 2015, 21:21

Tom Jonas wrote:I am sure Rory with his bluesvoice could have attracted large crowds. Bur did he really want 78,000 listening at Wembley?
I don't think so. Two-hundred dedicated enthusiasts in a smokey beer-smelling place would have made him happy.

Yes Tom I agree.. For sure Rory would .. as he was known to have said.. "He like to see the whites of the audience's eyes " :)
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 18 Aug 2015, 20:50

brian may is certainly amazing, for me he will always be my favorite and greatest guitar player! magic tour was queen's biggest tour ever as they played sold out stadiums everywhere in europe in '86 and i just think they wanted to play those huge shows cos a lot of people got to see them who wouldn't have a chance to do so if they played in smaller arenas.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Aug 2015, 13:38

Brian May is a great and talented guy. It was a pleasure to have met him and he is so down to earth. I do love stadium rock gigs but I understand the smaller gigs that Rory played at. They have a charm in themselves. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM