A question and I wonder..

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

A question and I wonder..

Postby Tibbierocks » 14 Feb 2015, 18:09

Hello peeps,

I was reading up the other day on the INFJ personality type because it's mine. It's the world's rarest personality type according to the Myers-Briggs personality test. A mental health nurse I worked with several years ago came out one day and said 'INFJ, look it up' and she was right, I've done the test twice and that's how I come out. I don't wanna go down the whole 'what was Rory problem' line again, but I wonder, could Rory have been one? It would explain a lot of the mystery and why he liked to be alone, etc. Donal suggested autism for Rory, which I think is way off the mark. When I was younger, people did say to me, did I have Aspergers. Well, due to where I work now, we diagnose young people with aspergers (amongst many other things) and I did the test and I'm not even on the scale remotely! But people certainly have gotten me wrong. Have a read and see what you guys think.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html
http://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

Next up, Rory had a lot of Camus on his bookshelves I note from the guitar poster. Also Hesse's Steppenwolf. These books are often linked to existentialism. Can anyone remember back in the late 60s/70s, Rory ever mentioning existentialism or reading Jean Paul Sartre?
Tibbierocks

Re: A question and I wonder..

Postby Tom Jonas » 14 Feb 2015, 19:41

I think I was INFP.
I have forgotten what this implied (got the papers somewhere) but the description was surprisingly good! The first time I was placed in the wrong square, but a tutor helped me find the right personality.
I have to take a look at them before I put Rory in a box.

Did he really read Hesse and Camus? Heavy stuff!

Putin has got Aspbergers, at least CIA, or some other agency has given him a diagnosis. I Think he is a borderline-psycho/sociopath shaped in the ordinary Soviet way. Most russians in high positions, as well as many ordinary people, still live in this sphere. It will take a 100 years before they can be regarded as civilized europeans.
Tom Jonas

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Feb 2015, 20:51

Tom Jonas wrote: . . .
I have to take a look at them before I put Rory in a box. . .
Putin has got Aspbergers, at least CIA, or some other agency has given him a diagnosis. I Think he is a borderline-psycho/sociopath shaped in the ordinary Soviet way. Most russians in high positions, as well as many ordinary people, still live in this sphere. It will take a 100 years before they can be regarded as civilized europeans. . .

IMHO, I don't think Rory's or anyone's nature or personality can be neatly packaged into a box. These principals and definitions can categorize a person somewhat, but really we humans are much too complex to put in some sort of pre-defined box, when in reality, we are more like a snapshot of a section of the rainbow, again IMO, a predominate flavor of personality, but with traits and tendencies that don't suit the label others put on us.

And I agree Putin is a -psycho/sociopath (he and Dick Cheney both, cut from the same cloth), for the CIA to label him with Aspergers is a disservice to people with Aspergers. The most overriding and distressing trait of Aspergers, is the inability to read the social cues of other people, to not be able to make head nor tail out of someone else's behavior and be completely at a loss as to know how to communicate back appropriately, and so it is easier to avoid it altogether, if one can. And when someone with Aspergers is hurt or betrayed by someone once considered a friend, to cut that person loose and never trust them again.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tom Jonas » 14 Feb 2015, 21:12

Putin is, of course, not suffering from Aspberger, that was a joke. I know enough about that syndrome in various ways. He is Sovietican-Homo-Sapiens.

I had my doubts about Myers Briggs. I thought there were too few questions to really categorize human beeings in any way. But was very surprised how well it told me what I was. Not Everything in a flattering way. I am sure we could put Rory in a box. Unfortunately I have no Contact with the tutor who got me right.
Tom Jonas

Postby JimLED » 15 Feb 2015, 00:19

oh gosh...putin ... who is that person? That's not a human at all.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Feb 2015, 11:07

Tom Jonas wrote:Putin is, of course, not suffering from Aspberger, that was a joke. I know enough about that syndrome in various ways. He is Sovietican-Homo-Sapiens.

I had my doubts about Myers Briggs. I thought there were too few questions to really categorize human beeings in any way. But was very surprised how well it told me what I was. Not Everything in a flattering way. I am sure we could put Rory in a box. Unfortunately I have no Contact with the tutor who got me right.

:D Tom, no I wasn't criticizing you, my daughter is a journalist and she told me about the Putin Aspergers story a few days before. I have to agree with Jim, Putin is not human. :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby AnnaMaria » 15 Feb 2015, 19:05

Reading about INFJ sounds interesting but I also Think that people are what they are because the way they grew up, what their family was like, sisters or Brothers, older or younger, Environment and alot of other things.
I grew up very introvert but nowadays I don´t find myself only introvert, rather 50/50. You change because of the Life you live and the people you have Close to you. And if you are really lucky you can change the bad/ troublesome side just bacause you are aware of it and really want to change your ways.
AnnaMaria

Postby Tibbierocks » 16 Feb 2015, 09:01

I find personality tests interesting - I was clocked as an INFJ by a nurse and I'd never heard of it before, so I must be corresponding with some aspects of it. I think there's a lot of factors that go into the make up of a person. I even include star signs in this - no scienfic proof. There's an interesting introvert versus extrovert sides to INFJ personalities. The Mr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, which Rory sang of. A possible explanation for the on stage behaviour and off stage persona?

Russia... I had the misfortune of spending 2 days there in 2013. I don't even want to fly over that country's airspace!

So not mention of Sartre in any of his interviews then? What other writers got a mention apart from the crime fiction?
Tibbierocks

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Feb 2015, 13:16

Its interesting that Rory was interested in Hesse 's work. I love anything estoric and to do with the human consciousness. The hippies loved Hesse work and I guess I am a child of the Hippy generation. Camus and Sartre sound interesting. Rory was anti establishment and well I guess my Generation X were as well. Thanks for this Tibblerocks. I still wish I could discuss so many things with Rory but mainly books of course. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Tibbierocks » 03 Mar 2015, 09:20

I've never really been able to get into Hesse. Read a couple of his books and I just didn't get anything from it - including the much fabled Siddhartha. Camus and Satre I'm ok with. I would love to know exactly what books were on his shelves - a complete book list. Bowie put a list out last year of his 100 fave books. I'm a bibliophile. Talking about books is great.
Tibbierocks

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome