What I did on my summer vacation

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

What I did on my summer vacation

Postby Annie Elliott » 06 Oct 2014, 12:55

I know this rightly belongs in the travel section, but ...

Hope this link works, some pics from my trip. To Ireland and London. In September 2014. I was there. Cynthia wasn't. Because I'm not Cynthia ;)

https://imageshack.com/user/annie_elliott

Also a story. When I was at my B&B in Cork, my landlord was putting the coordinates for St. Oliver's Cemetery into my Garmin for me. He knew the place well since his da is buried there too. Just then someone knocked at the door - it was an elderly nun looking to book lodgings for some of her relatives. My landlord told her I was a Rory Gallagher fan and she broke into a huge grin and just kept saying "Oh yeah, Rory Gallagher!" over and over again, beaming. She was this tiny frail little old nun, so delighted to remember Rory!!!!!

I guess I should add some other stuff. Rory's resting place is lovely, and Monica is right next to him. I walked straight to the graves, although I had no idea where they were. Kinda spooky but wonderful. I left Rory a present and told him hello from Cynthia as she asked me to do.

I had breakfast at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel, took more pictures there including a bad pano (I'll try to upload more when I have time.) I have a shot from the balcony of the swanky penthouse suite I stayed at too, since I could see the entrance to the harbor from there. It was my big splurge, believe me, otherwise I stayed in B&Bs. OK, so I was driving a BMW :D but they upgraded me for free because my family had to leave Ireland during the famine. Also had a 17euro shot of great whiskey but it was my vacation after all! And I shared it. That was at Dick Mack's in Dingle, where coincidentally Cynthia has never been.

Good thing I had that luxury penthouse though, because I got sick on the Friday I was supposed to fly home and had to stay the weekend, thankfully the place was free that night. But then I had to find another place for Sat and Sun night and everything was booked! I was frantic and finally just started calling places on a list one of the people I talked to gave me, ended up taking the first thing I got (in between fun episodes in the bathroom, ugh.) Anyway I ended up in Hammersmith almost right next to what used to be the Hammersmith Odeon (1977 Rory!) and seriously almost on top of one of the best vegetarian restaurants in London. Lesson learned, when things get tough, Keep Calm and Rory On!

By the way, wherever you go in Cork, if you mention Rory Gallagher - people smile.

Finally, I uploaded a picture of myself to the vacation pics, feel free to check it out if you feel the need. I'm not Cynthia.
Annie Elliott

Re: What I did on my summer vacation

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Oct 2014, 14:24

Annie, that's your photo? Damn, girl, I wish I was you . . . .

Maybe I'll have a couple of shirts made, mine of course will say, I am Not Annie. And I guess you can guess what yours would say. But in bold letters, perhaps we could add, but we are Rory's Ladies.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 06 Oct 2014, 14:57

Thanks but that photo was last year before I got the braces. Right now I look more like Jaws from James Bond, ugh.
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 16 Jun 2015, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby Tibbierocks » 06 Oct 2014, 15:05

If you say your family are Irish, you get perks? Cool. I try that. Mine are on the 1911 Dublin census. I'll print a copy as proof. ;-)
I'll have to look at the photos when I get home as the work pc can't cope with anything much.. I think we are internet explorer 2 B.C.
Tibbierocks

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Oct 2014, 15:43

Tibbierocks wrote:If you say your family are Irish, you get perks? Cool. I try that. Mine are on the 1911 Dublin census. I'll print a copy as proof. ;-)
I'll have to look at the photos when I get home as the work pc can't cope with anything much.. I think we are internet explorer 2 B.C.

Mozilla Firefox Rules!
RobertaSparrow

Postby AnnaMaria » 06 Oct 2014, 18:04

Annie, that´s really nice pictures. I´m glad you enjoyed your vacation. Nice picture of you too.

I was looking for a picture of me from this summer when I was in Lisboa, Portugal and now I can´t find it. I´m standing infront of a poster and the message is "Mr Cork".
Well, I guess I would be standing there waiting for Mr Cork until my teeth would drop out. There is only one Mr Cork is there? :D

I mean imagine Rory walking by with a blue ribbon over the shirt "MR CORK". Lovely!
AnnaMaria

Postby Annie Elliott » 06 Oct 2014, 21:18

AnnaMaria, any chance you can make it to the real Cork City in 2016? I'll rent the biggest place I can find and we can all bunk together. It would be super fun to meet you. Maybe we should all get MR CORK t-shirts ;)
Annie Elliott

Postby Annie Elliott » 06 Oct 2014, 21:20

Tibbierocks wrote:If you say your family are Irish, you get perks? Cool. I try that. Mine are on the 1911 Dublin census. I'll print a copy as proof. ;-)

LOL, it worked for me although I just mentioned it as an aside to the nice lady at the rental car counter. I have to say though, driving through Ireland in a big BMW was not that fun. I think I know now why Rory never learned to drive...
Annie Elliott

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Oct 2014, 17:36

Lovely pictures Annie. Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good trip. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Oct 2014, 18:19

Annie Elliott wrote:

LOL, it worked for me although I just mentioned it as an aside to the nice lady at the rental car counter. I have to say though, driving through Ireland in a big BMW was not that fun. I think I know now why Rory never learned to drive...[/quote
They are racy drivers in Ireland. Trust me I know and so does Susie. No disrespect to Irish people. They also love silver cars. Subrata.x :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome