Poll ~ Have you seen Rory play live?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Have you seen Rory play live ?

Yes. I have had the honour
70%
Sadly, no
30%

Total votes : 23

Re: Poll ~ Have you seen Rory play live?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Jul 2014, 20:55

:lol: That's 41 years ago :) Minimum wage in the U.S.A. was $1.65/hr, gasoline less than 50 cents a gallon, and you could still get a decent running car for $300-$400 :lol:

And most important, you could look forward to seeing Rory play live next time he passed through your town! ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jul 2014, 22:18

Sadly Susie and I never did. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Jul 2014, 23:25

A picture of Rory on FB taken at the Victoria Hall, Hanley UK. Reminded me not only did I see Rory playing live..
I managed to get on stage in between songs and shake the great man's hand :)
Not many can say that hey :D

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby photofinish » 14 Jul 2014, 07:39

The best Rory gig i saw was at Marquee in 1983...was right at front...after opening song.."Moonchild"..i shook Rory's hand..and his plectrum came away in my hand...treasured moment..
photofinish

Postby jedcop » 14 Jul 2014, 20:30

well the first time i saw him was at southend in essex ,from then onwards it was another 19 times i saw him,i was never left wanting more because i knew he had given me 110%.i still have the tickets from many of the gigs i attended aswell as the programmes.......its true what they ......THE GOOD DIE YOUNG.i look forward to the box set of the irish tour in september?.the studio albums never(in my opinion) captured him at his best,although blueprint takes some beating......best wishes gerald
jedcop

Postby pistol slapper! » 15 Jul 2014, 23:40

First Saw Rory at the Music hall in Aberdeen, 1973. Between then and 1983 saw him in every main venue in Scotland, such as the Usher hall Edinburgh, The famous Glasgow Apollo, Caird hall Dundee. Pavillion Ayr and an iconic gig at UEA Norwich, amongst others. I've been lurking on this site for years- enjoying every post! Decided that it was time to get involved and contribute. When I saw him , I was in my teens and twenties and always thought that he would keep coming back to towns in Scotland, again and again. These days i just took him for granted.
Other people on here have described him with words, much better than i can- oh what would i give to see him again.! I last saw him at the Fleagh in Glasgow round about 1989? He had bulked up and wasn't so energetic on stage, but still an experience- nonetheless!
Kinda lost touch with the whole thing after that. Was reading a newspaper, offshore on an oil platform in 1995, when i read the news. What can you say? tragic. Got all his vinyl, then CDs. Great licks.!
What a guy. Brought me lots o happiness over the years, unforgettable live gigs! Never forget that- especially the 1st time i saw him. Opened with messin with the kid, him, gerry and wilgar campbell- mental!!
Long may you run Rory!
pistol slapper!

Postby Hazel » 16 Jul 2014, 13:15

3 times in 1969 during the best six months of my life
Hazel

Postby heatison » 17 Jul 2014, 21:23

yes four times in the seventies
heatison

Postby Tibbierocks » 21 Jul 2014, 07:59

No. :( I was a barely a teenager when he died, so I had no chance..
I find by having a couple of vodkas and turning the volume up when watching his dvds, I can have a good time and imagine what being in the front row at a Rory show was like.
Tibbierocks

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome