It's Rory's Anniversary

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

It's Rory's Anniversary

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Jun 2014, 15:48

Tomorrow is Rory's 19th anniversary. When I first heard that Rory had died, it was years after the fact. I wondered how his life had played out, with the advent of computers, and the world wide web, wondered what had happened to that young extraordinary guitarist from Ireland. I'd moved to the Pacific Northwest, this little, literal one-traffic-light town where none of my old crowd lived, none of my old friends who used to gather together and watch Rory when he came to L.A. I googled Rory Gallagher, wondered if he was a behind the scenes music producer, or settled in with some pretty Irish lady and raising a bunch of musical genius children, something magnificent surely, something definitely to do with the arts and music. And I found out what a toll all the long hard miles and years on the road had done to him. I cried like he was one of my family who had died. And it was worse because I felt so bad that I didn't know about it for so long, as if I had forgotten him.

I've been able to attend mass on June 14 ever since I heard about it, the first time was to mourn. But as soon as I stepped into the church that first time I knew he was at peace, was happy. Okay, don't believe me? :) Well, I know what I know. I felt it. I'm going to go to church tomorrow, as I have these past years on the anniversary, to pray for Rory, and me, and this insane world. But I can't do it if I'm holding on to this anger that has gotten a hold of me. I have to let it go, or else I have no business stepping into church. Anyone else out there so inclined, say a little prayer for him, God bless and protect him. And the rest of us.

My friend Jim lectured me yesterday about holding on to anger. And he was right. It sunk in this night. I have a silver moebius strip bracelet with a prayer on it, I wear it all the time, I'm so used to seeing it that I never think about it. But tonight I re-read it:

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;

Where there is:
. . . hatred, let me sow love;
. . . injury, pardon;
. . . error, the truth;
. . . doubt, the faith;
. . . despair, hope;
. . . darkness, light.
And where there is sadness, joy

Grant that I may not so much seek to be;
. . . consoled, as to console;
. . . understood, as to understand;
. . . loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
. . . in pardoning that we are pardoned;
. . . in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen
RobertaSparrow

Re: It's Rory's Anniversary

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2014, 00:39

I sadly found out the day Rory passed away. By my brother in law Dave, who'd I took to a few of Rory's gigs around the late 80's..
He was working in Holland at the time. It was on the main tv news over there. He telephoned me staright after he'd seen this.
It was also in my local news paper The Express & Star. Also The Times front page a little newspaper clipping I have too.

Rory Rockstar Dies.JPG

:( :( :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby keltic wolf » 14 Jun 2014, 08:19

Man..always get blues thinkin about Rory this time of year...heard yesterday that the moon is in whats called a Honeymoon due to it's colour...thought it was kinda fitting for our 'Moonchild'..Rock on Rory still loved and missed :(
Here I am...where are you?
keltic wolf

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2014, 10:46

Rory Gallagher R I P.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2014, 14:25

Thinking of and thanking the Gallagher family especially on this RORY'S sad anniversary passing day..
For all the great Rory tunes like this and many others, that have come to light. They keep releasing for all RORY FANS pleasure to hear

Jay Jay

Postby capo » 14 Jun 2014, 17:43

"He was a man, take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again" Hamlet, on his dead father. We all know this same truth about our Rory. Peace.
capo

Postby woodeye2000 » 14 Jun 2014, 19:17

On this day, I went looking for my favorite song. This one is near the top. FOLLOW ME. Rory sets the tone, with smoldering guitar
and rock 'n ' roll attitude.

"Let me take the tear from your eye.
Leave it behind, stay by my side."

I will always remember you.
RIP Rory Gallagher.
woodeye2000

Postby Olav » 14 Jun 2014, 19:44

19 years passed by from that very sad day. But still I feel very strong pain. Rory was and is the only one so real, the best. He is an Angel now for sure.
Olav

Postby JimLED » 14 Jun 2014, 20:35

Blue day. I will always remember you, Rory.

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Annie Elliott » 14 Jun 2014, 22:11

RobertaSparrow wrote: But I can't do it if I'm holding on to this anger that has gotten a hold of me. I have to let it go, or else I have no business stepping into church. Anyone else out there so inclined, say a little prayer for him, God bless and protect him. And the rest of us.

I know you'll find your peace, it's in your heart waiting. I don't really pray but maybe I'll sneak one just for you and Rory.

Síochána, Annie
Annie Elliott

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome