To Daniel Gallagher..where's the box set laddie

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

To Daniel Gallagher..where's the box set laddie

Postby jedcop » 20 Apr 2014, 15:02

well,straight to the point and no messing,if you are reading this daniel gallagher would you please update us rory fans about the IRISH TOUR BOX SET.me, i cannot wait for it to reach the online shops.............i am (as i e-mail)saving up to buy it..so please could we have some good news please..................thank you kindly jedcop
jedcop

Re: To Daniel Gallagher..where's the box set laddie

Postby Jay Jay » 23 Apr 2014, 18:59

jedcop wrote:well,straight to the point and no messing,if you are reading this daniel gallagher would you please update us rory fans about the IRISH TOUR BOX SET.me, i cannot wait for it to reach the online shops.............i am (as i e-mail)saving up to buy it..so please could we have some good news please..................thank you kindly jedcop

Hi Jedcop,

Daniel has read this post. He has informed me that he is working very hard at this present time. Here are his exact words..

"About the Irish Tour box set, I'm currently mastering all the audio now and the hope is to release the set at the end of September".

All the best Daniel.
Jay Jay

Postby jedcop » 24 Apr 2014, 20:36

what can i say but thanks for the update,i look forward to september........maybe after he might have better luck this time round with the >i.o.w. taste tapes.lets hope the guy who has the tapes sees reason(comes to his senses) and then we can alll rest in our beds.......thank you kindly..jedcop
jedcop

Postby Madrid74 » 26 Apr 2014, 10:00

Thanks for the update, I knew they're working on the The Irish Tour box set but to have a tentative release date it's great.

Abour IOW I'm crossing my fingers hoping an agreement will be reached and we can enjoy Taste's complete show . Hope it's the last thing you lose
Angeles
Madrid74

Postby Tom Jonas » 26 Apr 2014, 20:19

This is really interesting!
A box - this means more than one CD?
I really look forward to more Rory-stuff, hopefully a DVD from somewhere with an acceptable sound. Just listened to RockPalast 1979 in Wiesbaden and the sound is crap. They missed a lot of Rory's guitar.
And Before that Grugehalle in Essen 1977.
Not loud enough for me!
Interesting, the DVD starts with the band back-stage before the Concert. I wonder how he felt just before all his live performances. Adrenaline and a pulse of 180 bpm? Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
And we should not underestimate McAvoy's contribution. He is an eminent base player and was important for the sound.
Tom Jonas

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome