Lou Martin R.I.P

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Lou Martin R.I.P

Postby jenniferj » 17 Aug 2012, 10:22

Graham and I have had an email from Lou's niece. It is with the heaviest hearts that we advise that Lou passed away this morning, 17th August, at 3.30 am. He had been holidaying for a few days with his mum and
became ill. He was admitted to hospital but passed away peacefully. His niece says that he wanted to see the sea one more time, feel the sea breeze and the sun, and listen to the waves and seagulls. This he did.
We saw him just before leaving England in June. I think he knew he didn't have long. Lou knew his fans loved him and we reinforced this each time we saw him.

I'm so sorry to be the bearer of such bad news.
Bless you Lou, rest in peace.

Jennfer.
jenniferj

Re: Lou Martin R.I.P

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Aug 2012, 10:46

So sad news,
Our thoughts prayers and condolences go to Lou's family & friends

The piano man will be laying it down with Rory once again, in a concert now in the heavens
Thanks a million for all your wonderful concerts and memories I saw you play with Rory.
Your music will live on forever.

Lou Martin R.I.P
Jay Jay

Postby roryfan » 17 Aug 2012, 11:01

RIP Lou
Lou has been fighting the battle with health issue for so long.
Sad news indeed
john g
roryfan

Postby JimLED » 17 Aug 2012, 11:08

So sad news.
He was my favorite piano man.
Rest In Peace, Lou.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jonas A » 17 Aug 2012, 11:32

A saddened heart brings me back to Loose Talk after some absence. Sorry to hear about Lous passing. Rest in peace, Lou!
Jonas A

Postby Evergladesgirl » 17 Aug 2012, 11:41

It's very sad, I feel sorry for his family.
Lou is jamming with Rory in Heaven I hope.
Rest in Peace Lou, you will not be forgotten.
Evergladesgirl

Postby Noelle » 17 Aug 2012, 12:20

Sincere condolences to Lou's family. RIP Lou. Noelle.
Noelle

Postby soupedupford » 17 Aug 2012, 12:32

lou martin,piano man extraordinaire," head on down to the river bend , thats where the music never ends". big thanks lou for makin it what it was. from all of us here in ireland belfast and the rory musical fraternity. RIP LOU. we will rock out for you lou next sat nite here in your own hometown
at the rory gallagher belfast city blues day,
soupedupford

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Aug 2012, 13:10

From the main homepage

Donal Gallagher on hearing the very sad news today ..

Sadly, I have received the news of 'Lou' Michael Martin's passing, he died at 3:30 a.m. this morning (17th August '12), at a hospital in Bournemouth.
Lou had been ill for many years, having suffered a number of strokes and he battled with cancer also, may he now rest in peace.

One of the finest piano and keyboard players that I have ever heard his talent incorporated a rainbow of styles from blues to classical, jazz to orchestral but in a rock 'n roll way.
Working with Lou was a honour, he was a 'true' gentleman and a professional. Aside from the numerous great gigs I listened to him play with my brother, it was a privilege also to be in his 'after hours' company, 'tinkling the ivories' in some hotel bar or playing country in some honky-tonk late-night bar.

Ironically, I'm writing this piece close to the spot where Rory composed "A Million Miles Away" and am "looking out on the deep blue sea", listening of Lou's magically keyboard work on that number and to his many other extraordinary recorded performances.

My sincere condolences to Lou's mother and his other family members.
Rest in peace dear 'Lou'.
Dónal
Jay Jay

Postby Simone67 » 17 Aug 2012, 13:29

My sincerest and most heartfelt condolences to Lou`s family members and friends....I am so sad....yet glad to "know" he now is free from all pain and other ailments....may he rest in peace ..and find in God and heaven all that he has ever dreamt of....may the music never end for him !!!

THANK YOU LOU, you were the the greatest and most wonderful keyboard player of all time to me,and many,many other Fans !

Love and peace and light to you !
Simone67

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome