TASTE Studio & Live @ IOW ~ What's Going On?

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

TASTE Studio & Live @ IOW ~ What's Going On?

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Feb 2012, 10:46

Shadowplays: How close are you to reissuing the Taste material?

Daniel Gallagher: I’ve been chasing Universal (Polydor) to try and re-ignite the interest in a comprehensive Taste release with the albums re-mastered + bonus material. As I’m sure you’re bored of hearing I am trying everything to get the Isle Of Wight film made, Murray Lerner and I have come up with a concept for how we’d like to present it and have got very close to a workable fee for the DVD to be made. It’s only being held up by confirmation from a label that they want to finance and release it.

Shadowplays: That sounds very encouraging! For many of us, Taste at the Isle of Wight is the Holy Grail of Rory video and we’ve been clamoring for it for years. Murray has done numerous individual “Isle of Wight” documentaries including: Hendrix, Tull, and The Who, and most recently the Moody Blues and Leonard Cohen. How’s the quality of the Rory stuff? How much footage does he have? (I hear 7 tracks)

Rory Gallagher, Isle of Wight 1970
Daniel Gallagher: From what I’ve seen the Taste footage is great, Murray made an edit in 1995 so I’m sure the footage can be further enhanced since then as well. I don’t think he has the full hour and half set that Taste played on film but the edit I’ve seen has 7 tracks (you have good sources) but I’m hoping we can find more footage as he has a lot of tapes to go through.
Jay Jay

Re: TASTE Studio & Live @ IOW ~ What's Going On?

Postby Sinner Girl » 16 Feb 2012, 12:56

These are fantastic news, and very encouraging :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 16 Feb 2012, 13:20

great news!
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby JimLED » 16 Feb 2012, 15:54

Fantastic news!

Thank you guys!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby bald eagle » 18 Feb 2012, 16:50

i cant wait to see Taste I.O.W Dvd, ever since Message of Love I.O.W dvd came out and had 2 Taste songs on it have i wanted to see more. Thankyou for posting this information about it. Does anyone know if there is a complete audio tape recording of Taste I.O.W set, be it an audience recording or otherwise.
bald eagle

Postby tonetanner » 19 Feb 2012, 08:21

Does this mean I can stop sending money to NickSkelson now?
TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Postby Johno123 » 12 Jun 2012, 07:31

Is there any update to this? They have released On the boards but we are still missing Taste and the Isle of Wight DVD. I'm really keen to get these!!!
Johno123

Postby Johno123 » 23 Aug 2013, 09:01

There has been no updates on the IOW DVD since February last year, I'm starting to think it will never come out :( I really hope it has nothing to do with greed!
Johno123

Postby no_noise_reduction » 25 Aug 2013, 11:10

Of course there are cases where albums or e.g. films have been canceled because at the some point artists or labels have decided not to release them at all. Take the Rolling Stones' Cocksucker Blues movie as an example. But the Taste IOW DVD is a different case because apparently everybody involved really wants to get it out. It might be the longest delayed release I can think of. It's been postponed again and again for ten or more years.

This said, I truly believe it will be released one day. Also from Lerner's point of view it has to be dead capital in it's current state, so any side must have an interest to get it out. As for how long we will have to wait I have no idea. Apparently Donal Gallagher has handed the project on to Daniel which means to the 'next generation'. Really, I still have the feeling we wont have to wait another ten years but then I can see myself writing the same thing on here in 2023 again.
no_noise_reduction

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Aug 2013, 08:53

I believe it will be released, and the people who want it to happen are doing their best. Lets just be optimistic and hope we get to see it sooner than later. ;)
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings