General Discussion

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: General Discussion

Postby jimmcc » 12 Mar 2010, 14:40

Just a heads up.......Ive e mailed big wull and told him you are all missing him .Ive asked to get on the forum asap.If i get an answer to my email i will pass it on,Only time will tell
jimmcc

Postby Damien » 14 Mar 2010, 00:21

Hi
Damien

Re: Guitar Junkies

Postby benny61518 » 14 Mar 2010, 09:04

Hi all,
great to see the sections on Rory's guitars and amps. Always suspected that his maple neck sunburst Strat was a '58, not a '57 like previously stated. Great site, love it!!!
Cheers.
Benny
benny61518

Re: Guitar Junkies

Postby Chino » 14 Mar 2010, 11:47

benny61518 wrote:Hi all,
great to see the sections on Rory's guitars and amps. Always suspected that his maple neck sunburst Strat was a '58, not a '57 like previously stated. Great site, love it!!!
Cheers.
Benny

Yes, it's great to see the Rory's gear. The National Triolian rules! 8-)
My Rory Gallagher's french forum:
http://rory-gallagher.forumactif.net/
Chino

Postby groundhog » 16 Mar 2010, 15:03

Hi Folks,
A wee question to you all,since the new homepage came back have you been listening more to your Rory stuff?
or watching more DVD´S etc.
It's had that effect on me,the CD box in the car got refilled with Rory and i had a day in last saturday and watched all my
wee downloads and the u tube stuff.The chat about Ballyshannon,has got me really looking forward to that again.It just shows that having a decent homepage helps to keep Rory's music alive and with us! A great way to chase away those winter blues! Long may it continue.

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby jimmcc » 16 Mar 2010, 16:13

Does anyone have a link to rorys concerts over the years?
jimmcc

Postby TIM » 16 Mar 2010, 16:53

Hi Kenny,
Since the demise of TMP, for some unknown reason I listened to other artists a lot more.
It wasn't that my interest in Rory lessened, but I trawled the internet more, searching out other artists.
Also, there has not been a CD since the slightly dissappointing "Essential" and no DVD other than a revamped version of the Rockpalast set.
I have been listening to Paul Rodgers, John Fogerty (although his latest DVD at the Albert Hall is somewhat weak) Gregg Allman, Davy Knowles and some old Gov't Mule.
cheers
TIM
TIM

Postby groundhog » 16 Mar 2010, 19:04

TIM wrote:Hi Kenny,
Since the demise of TMP, for some unknown reason I listened to other artists a lot more.
It wasn't that my interest in Rory lessened, but I trawled the internet more, searching out other artists.
Also, there has not been a CD since the slightly dissappointing "Essential" and no DVD other than a revamped version of the Rockpalast set.
I have been listening to Paul Rodgers, John Fogerty (although his latest DVD at the Albert Hall is somewhat weak) Gregg Allman, Davy Knowles and some old Gov't Mule.
cheers
TIM

Hi Tim,did you still hold on to those old cowboy boots ;) Tim,same as me,i done a lynyrd skynyrd rediscovery,got all the newer stuff from them and back into all the old stuff.
I also found time to check out Joe Bonamassa,i remember you and Rick talking about him on the old meeting place.Anyway now i'm really hooked,collected all his back catalogue and i bought tickets the other week there for his concert this summer along with oldie Jeff Beck.Have you seen the Bonamassa Live at the Albert Hall DVD?
Absolutely brilliant! highly recommended.This guy brings back the teenager in me,same feeling i had when i discovered Rory,long, long time ago. :roll:
Tim,nice to have you back,look forward to our chats in future.

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby TIM » 16 Mar 2010, 19:31

Yes, still got them Kenny.
Bit tight these days, haven't worn them for years.
Old trainers are far more comfortable.
Not seen the Joe Bonamassa DVD yet, i'll have it for my birthday! Hopefully.

cheers
TIM
TIM

Postby Rick K » 16 Mar 2010, 22:38

Another guitarist to check out is Luther Dickinson. He, and his brother and Chris Chew founded North Mississippi Allstars. I`ve seen them 3 times in 3 years.....Excellent. Luther is now also the lead guitarist for Black Crowes. He released a solo album in memory of his father Jim Dickinson(who just died in the fall)....called Onward and Upward. He now has yet another band that I`m seeing in two weeks called South Memphis String Band....all acoustic stuff. Cody Dickinson and Chris Chew have another band called Hill Country Revue. All these linups have myspace, facebook, youtube....check `em out. They were heavily influenced by Mississippi Bluesmen from their area.....such as R.L. Burnside, and Mississippi Fred McDowell, also people who should be checked out. Their father, Jim Dickinson worked with many, many musicians and was a very unique individual.

Saw Warren and the Mule end of Jan. in Nashville with my brother, and Audley Freed guested. Saw Warren and Allman Brother last Oct. in Nashville, when Jonny Neil,and Jack Pearson guested. We were elbows on the stage right in front of Gregg and Warren and then in front of Jimmy Herring for Widespread Panic`s set. Seen about 20 shows since TMP went down last year.

Here`s North Mississippi Allstars from a show I saw 3 weeks ago from 2nd row....got vinyl autographed too.
scroll down for pictures.
I gave Luther Rory`s BBC Sessions for Christmas.

http://thebluff.nmallstars.com/viewtopic.php?t=5881

Good to see that you all are talkin` about bands that I very much enjoy....as well as Rory...who I still turn lots on to as well as Mule and NMA, HCR, and anything with Luther Dickinson.

Live, Love and Listen To Great Music.........R.K.
Rick K

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome