I remember Rory

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

I remember Rory

Postby Wrath of McGrath » 16 Dec 2010, 07:21

I first saw Rory at a 3-day outdoors rock festival in Germersheim, Germany--on a Rhine River island near Mannheim, as I recall--it was May/June of 1972. I had never heard of him before and really enjoyed his set. He seemed to me to be a combination of Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton. He was full of energy, really connected with the audience, and a true gentleman. About 20 years later saw him in LA at the Country Club; he was promoting the Jinx album. I remember it being the loudest concert I had ever been to and I recall him tossing his pick (plectrum) out to the audience after the last song. He was great.
Tonight I just watched the 2000 DVD of the 1974 Irish Tour (of which I still have the 8 track cartridge!) After viewing it I watched it again with the commentary of Donal Gallagher and Gerry McAvoy.
I just had to find a place to communicate.
Thanx and all the best.
Wrath of McGrath

Re: I remember Rory

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Dec 2010, 13:58

Hi WoMac and a very warm welcome to Roryland.

Rock on for Rory
CHEERS, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby lozzerman » 13 Mar 2011, 21:04

I saw Rory play at the Colstan Hall Bristol mid 70,s when David Bailey was a top photographer,so i had an olymypus trip camera struggling to take a photo Rory saw what was going on and came towards me and let me get the shot. While all this was going down he was still rocking.Ive still got this photo,id love to post it but not sure how to do it ?
lozzerman

Postby Another #1 fan » 09 May 2011, 07:37

Lozzeman! Hope you can post that photo. Glad I found this site :idea:
Another #1 fan

Postby Another #1 fan » 14 Jun 2011, 06:16

Figure out how to post a pic yet? Love to see it. BTW:
check this out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8m ... D8FFF5BDEC
Another #1 fan

Postby bullfrogger » 14 Jun 2011, 08:43

lozzerman wrote:I saw Rory play at the Colstan Hall Bristol mid 70,s when David Bailey was a top photographer,so i had an olymypus trip camera struggling to take a photo Rory saw what was going on and came towards me and let me get the shot. While all this was going down he was still rocking.Ive still got this photo,id love to post it but not sure how to do it ?

Lozzerman, we want your photo!! - check out this link shows you how to post it... http://forum.rorygallagher.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=809
bullfrogger

Postby innuendo » 14 Jun 2011, 08:57

welcome to the forum Wrath of McGrath and lozzerman
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Leedelta » 14 Jun 2011, 10:08

Welcome,