Hi from Philadelphia

Rory Gallagher No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Hi from Philadelphia

Postby Robin Howells » 13 Sep 2018, 08:11

I saw Rory twice, once at the Tower in Philly and once in NYC. It was early to mid 70’s and I remember great shows. I’ve seen a pic of Rory wearing a Blue Tower Theatre tee shirt, brings back some great memories. I guess I stopped following Rory after I broke up with the guy that introduced me to his music, but that’s another story. About a year ago I was looking for some good music to listen to on iPad and stumbled upon Rory. I never knew about Taste, geez I loved Cream, but Taste was way better. I’ve watched all the videos I can find of Rory, the man never gave a bad show. The hard part is watching interviews and shows from 1985 until his death. I’ve never seen such sadness, it shows in his eyes and face. Concert footage taken of a show in France actually made me cry. The unsettling sight of a once vibrant man that was slowly unraveling before our eyes it’s very hard to watch. I’m sure he’s in a happier place and I glad he left us with so much great music! This stuff never gets old!
My very favorite song is “I fall apart”.
Robin from Philly
Robin Howells

Re: Hi from Philadelphia

Postby JimLED » 13 Sep 2018, 18:41

Welcome the Rory Gallagher's Loose Talk, Robin! Thank you for sharing your memory. You're had a great luck to watch Rory live!
Rory's music turned you back to the music!

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Sep 2018, 23:29

hello Robin,

Welcome aboard. :D

I Fall Apart is one of my favorites, too.

You should look up Taste, Isle of Wight if you have not already seen it. It is an amazing concert.

Here's a taste (yep, pun intended)

RobertaSparrow

Postby vasdis » 15 Sep 2018, 06:47

The revamped cd of Taste Live At The Isle Of Wight is in the 3 for £10 rack in our local music store at the moment ,i already have it and the original cd and vinyl versions.
Brilliant albums both of them !
vasdis

Postby Robin Howells » 11 Oct 2018, 10:13

RobertaSparrow wrote:hello Robin,

Welcome aboard. :D

I Fall Apart is one of my favorites, too.

You should look up Taste, Isle of Wight if you have not already seen it. It is an amazing concert.

Here's a taste (yep, pun intended)

Love Taste! I’ve seen a lot of YouTube videos of Taste. I had a boyfriend that said they were way better than Cream. If I remember it correctly he saw Taste when they opened for Blind Faith.
Robin Howells

Postby Robin Howells » 11 Oct 2018, 10:59

The Taste thing brings back memories. I forgot about them. I recently stumbled upon Spooky Tooth, another great band.
Robin Howells

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM