A big thank's to Jay Jay

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
John Ganjamie (roryfan) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) Jim Petrover (JimLED).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

A big thank's to Jay Jay

Postby vox040 » 25 Feb 2017, 19:29

I haven't been here for awhile. A crazy ride the last couple of years.
I still think of Rory every day and play his music more than any other. He is the greatest front man of all time.
With that being said, I just want to give my bro Jay Jay a huge thank you. i hope you realize how much Kelly and i appreciated the first time we went to the Rory Fest and you took us under your wing to show us around , introduced us to people and gave us the do's and dont's of the local custom's. The second time too, setting us up with accommodations and all. I still wear the Sinnerboy shirt you and Annette gave me with pride.
i just hope you know that all of that will never be forgotten.
Keep rockin' for Rory brother,
Jimmy + Kelly
vox040

Re: A big thank's to Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Feb 2017, 16:30

vox040 wrote:I still think of Rory every day and play his music more than any other. He is the greatest front man of all time.
With that being said, I just want to give my bro Jay Jay a huge thank you. i hope you realize how much Kelly and i appreciated the first time we went to the Rory Fest and you took us under your wing to show us around , introduced us to people and gave us the do's and dont's of the local custom's. The second time too, setting us up with accommodations and all. I still wear the Sinnerboy shirt you and Annette gave me with pride.
i just hope you know that all of that will never be forgotten.
Keep rockin' for Rory brother,
Jimmy + Kelly

Hiya Jimmy bro, so nice of you to say those kind words and to place them onto Rory's home here on the internet :)

Yeah weren't those early years of the Rory fest in Ballyshannon a blast and something special. When there wasn't that many "International Rory Fans" there as many as there is nowadays. Those days you could just about get around to know many of these devoted fans that attended the festival in Ballyshannon,
from all around the globe :) IMO it was through Rory's devoted and adoring worldwide fan base in these early years of the Rory fest, that prompted Barry O'Neill to erect the Rory Gallagher statue in 2010. Which made the small town of Ballyshannon even more of a pilgrimage to Rory, all year round :)

It was our great pleasure brother and sister in Rory to do all we could do to accommodate you and make you welcome in Rory's first hometown. I'm sure you'd do the same for us if there was a Rory Gallagher tribute in California.
We do it all for the love of RORY GALLAGHER. With which our Dutch RORY friends / devoted fans will also do at The Rory Gallagher tribute birthday celebration, this weekend coming in Wijk aan Zee, Holland :)

Hope it's not too long before we see you and Kelly again bro? in the emerald isle? or any other Rory tribute around the world?

Rock on for Rory
Slainte mhaith
Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Feb 2017, 20:34

Hello Jimmy, welcome back-

Will you and Kelly be returning to Ballyshannon for the festivities this year? I'm hoping to attend, God willing and the creek don't rise. Hopefully we'll see you there. :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Edged in Blue » 27 Feb 2017, 09:58

Awwwww Jimmy what lovely words, it was our pleasure to look after you & Kelly and fabulous meeting you both what great times we had.

We have been to lots of Ballyshannon`s but must say those 2 years you were both there have got to be the best.

We are off to the Dutch Tribute this weekend to meet more old and make new friends - Rory`s Family just keeps on growing, Rorys music touches so many people in different ways.

Anyway you both take care and keep safe sending you lots of love & hugs to you both and your Family.

Annette xx
Edged in Blue

Postby vox040 » 03 Mar 2017, 04:14

Yes Jay Jay, if and Annette ever came out here it would be a blast. You are always welcome.
Have fun in Holland bro.
Roberta I don't know when we will be back to the festival. I wish we could do it every year.
A big Thanks to you too Annette,
i would have gotten back to you sooner but I was out of town for several day's. It was funny, i was able to come home a day early. I texted Kelly and said, " Who would you like to see come through the front door tonight? ". She replied. " Rory Gallagher" :o That little devil. LOL
vox040

Return to RORY GALLAGHER FANS ~ Introduction & Welcome to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK"