Had to join

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
John Ganjamie (roryfan) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) Jim Petrover (JimLED).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Had to join

Postby kellys » 03 Mar 2016, 03:19

Hello, I've been a Rory Gallagher fan since I was a kid in the late 70's. Always loved the music but didn't know a lot about the man. today at lunch I stopped by a record store to do some browsing. I noticed a new reissue, Taste-Live at the Isle of Wight. I never purchased it, doing the cd or vinyl decision, but I will. So for the rest of the afternoon I've got Rory on the brain. His music and career were in my thoughts. When I arrived home, I went online to research the reissue and ended up finding this forum. I find out today is his birthday, weird coincidence. So I thought what better time to join and pay my respects to a one of a kind musician and as I'm finding out a
pretty darn decent human being.
kellys

Re: Had to join

Postby RobertaSparrow » 03 Mar 2016, 05:59

Hello Kellys,

Welcome to Loose Talk, Rory's forum. We're glad to meet you. You did pick quite a day to join, this is Rory's 68th birthday. :)

Taste, Live at the Isle of Wight is an excellent starting point to begin your Rory collection. And the DVD is in my opinion, the closest you can come to going back in time and attending a Rory show.

8-) Cynthia, AKA RobertaSparrow

RobertaSparrow

Postby ailish78 » 05 Mar 2016, 09:55

Hi,
I just joined not that long ago as well. I've been doing a lot of catching up on the music I've missed over the years, and it makes me so sad to think that I didn't try to make more of an effort to see him live again. I saw him in 78 and never again afterwards :( . I remember seeing his name on a poster in Germany one summer when I was working there and my heart leapt, but I couldn't get the time off work to go to see him. I should have just skipped off. So many regrets.

Congratulations on your purchase of the Taste Isle of Wight dvd. I just bought it as well and I'm enjoying learning a lot more about those early years now.

Hope to see you around,

Ailish :)
ailish78

Postby SUBY1974 » 05 Mar 2016, 18:00

Welcome to Roryland. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby kellys » 06 Mar 2016, 04:34

Thanks for the welcome. I never did have the chance to attend one of Rory's concerts,big regret. I have watched plenty of videos online and am always in awe of the guys stage presence. In performance he seems so comfortable and fluid and natural. Was that his personality or did he have to work at it?
kellys

Postby ailish78 » 06 Mar 2016, 16:21

I think Rory was just a natural. He just went with the music wherever it took him. There's no one like him and I doubt there ever will be.
ailish78

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Mar 2016, 18:17

Hi Kellys and a very warm welcome to Rory's home on the net :)

kellys wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I never did have the chance to attend one of Rory's concerts,big regret. I have watched plenty of videos online and am always in awe of the guys stage presence. In performance he seems so comfortable and fluid and natural. Was that his personality or did he have to work at it?

ailish78 wrote:I think Rory was just a natural. He just went with the music wherever it took him. There's no one like him and I doubt there ever will be.

Yes I would agree absolutely along with Ailish there and yourself Kellys about his stage presence. Plus also add after seeing my great musical hero Rory live myself around 25 times. That he was no doubt at his happiest onstage so energetic and electrifying, especially in the 70's. If you haven't already Kellys, get the Rory Gallagher Live @ Montreux DVD collection. The 1977 Show especially is how I remember Rory at his best :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Mar 2016, 18:47

Welcome.x
SUBY1974

Postby Regina » 13 Jul 2016, 00:10

... Honestly, I can not find words to express my great sorrow for not being able to enjoy properly Rory while he was alived ... I was very young when I heard and read something about him in Taste and amid the turmoil that erupted in terms of music around the world, together with my immaturity and musical inexperience, I opted for other ways ... I did not pay due attention for him & his work so prolific! That regrettable loss !! Today, years after his death, I find myself more each day, like so many, realizing, eagerly trying to recover the missing link of the invaluable work of Rory Gallagher was & still is ... it´s melancholy, because it will be always missing something ... he was GREAT , IMMENSE, he remains unchanged in its essence as a musician, composer, singer, performer that he was but to ME it will be forever missing a piece that hurts deep in the heart ... the pain you feel about knowing that was lost something very valuable and which can not in this life have no more means to recover, no matter what you try it hurts so much... All I can "visualize" is what must have been alive show Rory ... the person that he must have been ... is a pale memory of something that I HAD TIME TO SEE, but unfortunately, for various reasons, I DIDN´T LIVE together him & lots of people around the world...! This hurts ... a lot! In time: I loooooovvvvvveeeee deeply "Wheels Within wheels" ... I can not explain, but this song brings me to distant worlds, to a specific place and yet others and I can not find ways to put into words to expose or explain ... touched me deeply! Speechless! "Dearest Rory, I think you KNOW - always knew ! - in your innermost, your sensitivity would reach the most sensitive as you at the core! We will love you & his work forever & ever, ever, ever..." ... :!: :!:
Regina

Return to RORY GALLAGHER FANS ~ Introduction & Welcome to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK"