i'm proud of my little contribution to promote Rory

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: i'm proud of my little contribution to promote Rory

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Aug 2010, 15:57

Well done all you guys and girls ..

Hi Jacqui, maybe you should get one like Rick. There are 3 availible on this offical site you can buy with his name on..
First one with picture Rory Gallagher first solo album T shirt has his name on the back..
One with back cover of Deuce album with Rory Gallagher name on the front too ;)
The other one from back of Photo Finish album with name on front of T shirt ;)
Here is a link, if anybody wants one http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/shop

Rory T shirt.jpg
Rory T shirt.jpg (3.31 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Rock on for Rory
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 14 Aug 2010, 18:21

i ordered that t shirt but they only have it in size small so they refund my money and later you could see which size they actually have in stock (until then there were almost all sizes "available" although they didn't have them)
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby JJW » 14 Aug 2010, 18:44

Jay Jay Joy wrote:Well done all you guys and girls ..

Hi Jacqui, maybe you should get one like Rick. There are 3 availible on this offical site you can buy with his name on..
First one with picture Rory Gallagher first solo album T shirt has his name on the back..
One with back cover of Deuce album with Rory Gallagher name on the front too ;)
The other one from back of Photo Finish album with name on front of T shirt ;)
Here is a link, if anybody wants one http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/shop

Rory T shirt.jpg

Rock on for Rory

I tried to get that colour one, JJ (I don't like white on black - I've a hatred of white) but I ordered it in 'mens small' - when it arrived the word 'small' was the word! Would have fitted a skinny 13 year old boy maybe! Skin tight? It was worse than the old jeans from my teens when we used to sit in the bath for hours to shrink-fit them! My late hubby was 1" taller than me and only slightly bigger, so always had small or medium - his small ones fit me a treat, the medium are nice and baggy. That one was more like 'extra-extra-small'. I am only 5' 3" and 9 and 1/2 stone!
So I rang them - the girl said no large left, but medium there. So I returned it with a covering letter asking for it be exchanged for a medium one. I get an email saying no medium, only small! They offered me the white on black, I declined but asked if they'd be getting the colour one in again, as I'd have been happy to wait. Ages went by when I get an email saying they've paid my money back into my bank, but NOTHING about whether they'd get any more of that colour T-shirt again. I've been left pretty unimpressed by the service.
When I looked on virtual shop a couple of weeks ago it now shows as only in small ....
I'm really peed-off as I LOVE that T-shirt and had been looking forward to proudly wearing it.

I've tried Googling but all the others available via the web are crappy things.

I've now designed my own, and am gonna get some of those printer sheets you can use for putting stuff onto T-Shirts - I just hope it works OK. At least if does, It'll be an exclusive!

I still hope they get more of that T-shirt on the virtual shop though - I'd love one........

Jacqui
JJW

Postby innuendo » 14 Aug 2010, 19:43

i agree wuth you jjw, they should really get more sizes available, it's official rory shop for gods sake. if there was a size i needed i would already wear my rory t shirt whole damn summer.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby mac » 15 Aug 2010, 09:09

Good one innuendo,I tend to put up the link to the Rory site on other music related sites.
Radio here is still pretty good,I listen mainly to talk shows during the day,they keep me company in my workshop.there's one on one of the national stations from 9am to 12 and in between the talk he might play maybe 8 songs,but they'll be good uns and he plays Rory regularly.
On my way out in the car on friday night I put on RTE 1 only to hear 'a million miles away' followed by 'Bob dylan's dream'.As the dj said ''ah there's no mistakein that sound R G there with ..........''
mac

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Aug 2010, 10:57

Hi Guys & Girls
This question about the limited sizes of Rory T shirts from the official shop. Should have been asked in the Q&A to D&D.
Jay Jay

Postby JJW » 16 Aug 2010, 18:27

Jay Jay Joy wrote:Hi Guys & Girls
This question about the limited sizes of Rory T shirts from the official shop. Should have been asked in the Q&A to D&D.

I thought the same thing the other day when posting here JJ! Too late alas ...... :cry:
JJW

Postby groundhog » 18 Aug 2010, 12:21

Taken from E-Bay Germany : ihr habt hier die Möglichkeit ein T-Shirt zu erwerben auf dem wohl

der weltbeste Gitarrist aller Zeiten abgebildet ist,

RORY GALLAGHER!!!

Leider zu früh verstorben aber mit diesem Shirt immer noch in der Nähe eures Herzens.

There's a very nice t-shirt on ebay D,just give in Rory Gallagher t-shirt.

I thought the description was very nice aswell : Translated

'Here you have the possability to bid for a t-shirt with a print of the worlds best guitarist,

RORY GALLAGHER!!!

Sadly he died so young but with this shirt always near to you heart.'

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby Tim23 » 18 Aug 2010, 15:19

Two engineers were working in the same area as myself the other week. They were testing some equipment prior to it being delivered to the customer. At about 5.30 pm, I heard on of them playing some blues on his PC. I ventured nearer and recognised it as a Joe Bonamassa track. Very good I said, but have you heard the guy who influenced him! I told them that I had seen Joe, and would they like to hear some Rory. Both had vaguely heard of him so I fetched the Essential RG from my car and they loved it and downloaded it. Needless to say, the next day I brought in the lot. Rory and Taste, two more were converted.
Friday was my day off due to working a 4 day week prior to retirement, and the young guy from next door asked if I could water his tomatos whilst he went touring France for a couple of weeks. I replied that I would and enquired as to how his accoustic guitar playing was progressing, as I had heard him whilst in the garden the previous Sunday. He said he liked Clapton and Zep. I said have you heard of Rory. Yes he said, he is my all time favorite (not bad for a 25 year old) so when he returns, I will lend him CD's and DVD's etc.
Got to get the young uns to carry on the good work!!!!!!
cheers
TIM
PS Good to have you back Kenny!
Tim23

Postby groundhog » 18 Aug 2010, 15:29

Thanks TIM, heh! looks like you could be lining yourself up for a part time job when you retire,promoting Rory,when you're out there watering those tomatoes,put the Rory t-shirt on ;) just incase.

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome