Just want to say hello!

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
John Ganjamie (roryfan) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) Jim Petrover (JimLED).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Just want to say hello!

Postby ailish78 » 28 Feb 2016, 20:39

Hi,
I`ve been lurking on this site on and off and have discovered a lot of new things about Rory. I've been a fan since about 1977 and I saw him live in the Glasgow Apollo in 1978. It was quite an experience for me because I was only 17 and it was my first ever live rock concert (I think). I fell in love with him when I saw him perform on the TV and I was in a band myself at the time. All the guys in the band were talking about him at the time. I just had to experience him live.
Rory came very late to that particular concert and I just couldn't stay until the end because I had to get the last bus home. So I was really upset. I probably missed the best part. I kept saying to myself - oh well you will be able to see him another time, but I never did :( . I kept listening to his music after that, but Rory quickly disappeared from my life. Anytime I ever asked anyone what happened to him, no-one seemed to know. I'd heard one or two things about him while I was living in London in the 80s, but I never had the occasion to catch another concert. It wasn't until I heard about his death that I was struck with profound sadness. It's so weird, it's almost as if he almost was a part of my life even although he was never there. I can't really explain it. That particular concert will always be etched on my mind because it's like missed opportunities. The person I was at the concert with at the time wouldn't let me rush up to the front of the stage because he was afraid I might get crushed :x I so wanted to do that and take part in the performance as it were. I truly regret it.

I'm sorry if this first post is a bit long, but I had to get that off my chest. I always imagined I would meet Rory one day and tell him that story. However, it wasn't to be.

Looking forward to chatting with you. :)
ailish78

Re: Just want to say hello!

Postby RobertaSparrow » 28 Feb 2016, 21:08

Hello ailish78, welcome aboard! Feel free to post, discuss, and comment.

Rory was the first major artist I ever saw perform live, although we had quite a lively local music scene when I was a kid growing up in Los Angeles County. I know what you mean though. Seeing Rory live on stage is something that becomes seared in one's memory. No one who ever stood in his presence and watched him perform magic on that old Strat can ever forget it.

Welcome to Rory's forum on the internet. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby ailish78 » 28 Feb 2016, 21:33

Thank you RobertaSparrow,
I have planned to go to Cork in June, so I will tell everyone about that when I've done. I found some great information on that here and I'm very grateful.
Ailish
ailish78

Postby Jay Jay » 28 Feb 2016, 21:49

Hi Alish and a very warm welcome to RORY's own official family forum.

Great 1st opening post :) Like so many of us RORY FANS that saw him live and others that did not. Still his spirit truly does get into our souls :)
I look forward to more of your posts now.. on here and other RORY sections of this LT forum

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby ailish78 » 29 Feb 2016, 08:45

Hi Jay Jay,
Thank you for the welcome. I just looked at your facebook page. It's great. I don't have facebook, but my husband does so I just added it to his site. I'm sure he won't mind. He is also a Rory fan. I got him into his music and he's very impressed.

Best wishes,
Ailish
ailish78

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Mar 2016, 09:55

ailish78 wrote:Hi Jay Jay,
Thank you for the welcome. I just looked at your facebook page. It's great. I don't have facebook, but my husband does so I just added it to his site. I'm sure he won't mind

Hi Ailish,
If you mean my original FB page JJ's Rory Gallagher Tribute it is not so great now as it was. As Facebook for some unknown reason one day about a year ago FB decided to delete ALL my photo's. As you can imagine I was very upset at losing photo's from Rory tribute and all Rory festivals I attended for years. I did not get them back. So I created my own page. Jay Jay Joyce and this other..
Rory Gallagher page https://www.facebook.com/Rory-Gallagher ... 733628126/

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby ailish78 » 01 Mar 2016, 15:18

Ok I checked that one out and added it. There are some fab photos of Rory on this. Hubby's facebook page is going to be inundated with RG pages! Oh well at least I have loads to watch :D

Thanks JJ

Ailish
ailish78

Postby SUBY1974 » 02 Mar 2016, 21:18

Welcome to Roryland. Thankyou for sharing your memories. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to RORY GALLAGHER FANS ~ Introduction & Welcome to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK"