Hello from DC! First time post

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
John Ganjamie (roryfan) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) Jim Petrover (JimLED).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Hello from DC! First time post

Postby bronyr » 13 Aug 2015, 05:22

Hi everyone!
I've been looking at the forum for a while now but was a bit shy to post because I am not very well versed in how to navigate a forum. I met some of you on facebook and was encouraged to go ahead and give it a try. Thanks to Jay Jay I am getting the hang of it. (Thank you JJ!)

I knew about Rory, I guess, since the late 70s. I had been a Led Zep fan since about the age of 10 (I am 50) I befriended a German-American girl in high school who advised me to listen to Rory if I liked Page and Peter Green. She had seen RG in Munich in 1975 and was a big fan. I didn't really follow up on the whole thing until I met a Led Zep pen pal in Dublin for drinks in 1988. He suggested we go see Rory and I jumped at the chance. We had a few Guinness and jumped a bus to the Olympia. The show was sold out. We were determined to find a way to get in. There were no scalpers so we couldn't even buy a ticket at an inflated price. My friend was crafty and we went around the theatre to a back alley and somehow crawled through an open window or door and wound our way through weird dirty hallways for a while until we got in to the theatre. There he was onstage, all in black with a striped t shirt on playing the most amazing slide I'd ever heard in my life. I couldn't hear his voice because of the distortion. It was a memorable night and I am so glad I got to see Rory play. I feel sheepish that I didn't pay for my ticket but I think I'll be forgiven... :)

Glad to meet you folk!
bronyr

Re: Hello from DC! First time post

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Aug 2015, 06:51

Hi There bronyr,

Welcome to Loose Talk! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for sharing your Rory rock & roll experience with us. I think it's great that you were able to see Rory play even though the show was sold-out and not a ticket to be had.

The forum's fairly easy to maneuver through once you've spent a few minutes with it.

8-) Cynthia, AKA RobertaSparrow
RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 13 Aug 2015, 09:56

Hello Bronyr!

Welcome to the Loose Talk place!
Thank you for sharing such a great story! You're lucky! :)

jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby bronyr » 13 Aug 2015, 10:36

RobertaSparrow wrote:Hi There bronyr,

Welcome to Loose Talk! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for sharing your Rory rock & roll experience with us. I think it's great that you were able to see Rory play even though the show was sold-out and not a ticket to be had.

The forum's fairly easy to maneuver through once you've spent a few minutes with it.

8-) Cynthia, AKA RobertaSparrow

Thank you Cynthia! I love your perspective, by the way...been reading some past posts. :)
bronyr

Postby bronyr » 13 Aug 2015, 10:36

JimLED wrote:Hello Bronyr!

Welcome to the Loose Talk place!
Thank you for sharing such a great story! You're lucky! :)

jim

Thanks Jim! I still pinch myself knowing I saw him play. Just once, I know, but it was pretty special. Thanks for the warm welcome.
bronyr

Postby Annie Elliott » 20 Feb 2016, 07:26

Hi Bronyr, welcome to the forum!!!
Annie Elliott

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Feb 2016, 20:16

Hi Bronyr. Welcome to the Rory forum. Thankyou for sharing your story and what a wonderful Rory memory. Thankyou. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby bronyr » 10 Mar 2016, 18:28

Thanks everyone. I'm late in replying. Still learning how to navigate forums as I had never used them in the past. I want to contribute more, but it's a bit of a learning curve technically for me!
bronyr

Postby ailish78 » 10 Mar 2016, 20:01

Welcome Bronyr! That's great that you saw him in the 80s. You were very lucky. I would have been too scared to sneak in like that. :)
ailish78

Postby bronyr » 11 Mar 2016, 00:30

ailish78 wrote:Welcome Bronyr! That's great that you saw him in the 80s. You were very lucky. I would have been too scared to sneak in like that. :)

Hi Ailish,
It was the Guinness. And the knowledge that this was a one in a million chance. Oh. And I was only 23. ;)
bronyr

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER FANS ~ Introduction & Welcome to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK"