Hello! And a question regarding the '74 box set

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
John Ganjamie (roryfan) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) Jim Petrover (JimLED).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Hello! And a question regarding the '74 box set

Postby Echoes » 20 Jun 2015, 22:46

It is a pleasure to meet all of you and I look forward to many great conversations! I am a guitarist and have been playing for close to 40 years.
I also own the incredible Fender Custom Shop Rory Tribute Stratocaster and Hawk pedal that I play through a VOX AC30. Man does she sing!

But, one thing I wanted to ask, and this topic may have already been covered and I apologize in advance if it has, but was everyone that bought the new '74 box set happy with it?
This question is in regard to the way it was shipped. Not the incredible music within. I ordered 2 box sets and both came through in the mail damaged.
One I returned, and I stated that I would be happy to send a better box to ship it in so that it does not get crushed, but sure enough, it got crushed, again.

Now this may not bother many people. But I take very good care of the things that I buy, and I really hoped that this beautiful set would come through mint.
It looks like it has been hanging around since '74. I wonder if others out there had the same problem. The mail service was very hard on these shipments.
But the box that it came in did not protect it enough. Very sad.

But again, it is a pleasure to meet you all:)
Echoes

Re: Hello! And a question regarding the '74 box set

Postby Sid_Sidow » 21 Jun 2015, 04:23

Not sure where you having the set shipped to, so I can't comment on the postal service.......

But my set, tolerant kids and wife got it for me for Christmas, came with no crushing damages (in US).
NOW, some may complain more about some of the sound quality than the box it came in!

The Belfast and Dublin tracks where not as well recorded as the Cork show.
But for me that adds to all the fun of pretending to be at the show watching Rory!!

Just as my two boys and I were at the Ballyshannon Band of Friends show a couple weeks ago....
Just close your eyes and pretend!!!!
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby heatison » 21 Jun 2015, 13:20

Mine also came crushed down one side.
heatison

Postby Jay Jay » 22 Jun 2015, 10:49

Echoes wrote:It is a pleasure to meet all of you and I look forward to many great conversations! I am a guitarist and have been playing for close to 40 years.
I also own the incredible Fender Custom Shop Rory Tribute Stratocaster and Hawk pedal that I play through a VOX AC30. Man does she sing!

But, one thing I wanted to ask, and this topic may have already been covered and I apologize in advance if it has, but was everyone that bought the new '74 box set happy with it?

Hi Echoes, and a very warm welcome to RORY'S LT forum

Firstly it's great to hear you are a musician and keen it seems to me to get that exact Rory sound :)
Have you got a band, plus have you any examples of yourself with band maybe on any youtube clips you could put up here for us all to see??

Regarding the the package damage to your IT '74 box set. I'm sad to hear how it got treated through your postal services.
There is a long topic thread in the "RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Audio / Vision ~ All Recordings" section ON THE BOARDS about The IT'74 40th Anniversary Box Set.
click on link here to view viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4144

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby PaoloC » 23 Jun 2015, 18:12

Hi Echoes... Another newbie here.
PaoloC

Return to RORY GALLAGHER FANS ~ Introduction & Welcome to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK"