Rory's Days, and a Request to All Members

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory's Days, and a Request to All Members

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Mar 2015, 22:26

Jay Jay has asked me to tend to the posts "This Day in Rory History," and I wanted to bring forward all the previous posts of remembrances as possible, plus add any YouTube or other relevant bits of Rory history to the time line as we can. But some bits and pieces have been lost over time, as are memories, and sometimes just not documented enough.

So those of you who saw Rory back in the day, and remember which event it was, or met him, read an interview from a relevant day or have something to share about it, if you could post it in the relevant day of the timeline (either this year's entry or last, because I will check there first) or post it to me here in this thread and I'll relocate it to the direct day, or PM me if you'd prefer, I will try to bring it all up to date.

I know, others with far more experience and others who actually knew Rory have tended the time line before, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. The time line is important IMHO, so I'll do my best.

:ugeek: RobertaSparrow AKA Cynthia

RobertaSparrow

Re: Rory's Days, and a Request to All Members

Postby photofinish » 13 Mar 2015, 17:59

Good idea..got a Rory day coming up...24th March..1984
photofinish

Re: Rory's Days, and a Request to All Members

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Mar 2015, 20:45

photofinish wrote:Good idea..got a Rory day coming up...24th March..1984

Looking forward to it-

And I know the time line is not complete, because I recall seeing Rory several times, in the clubs in L.A. but I haven't seen them on the time line, and I never thought to keep the ticket stubs or write it down. You think you will always remember all the detail, but it fades away. And the dates of an event are the first to go, for me. An example, I know I saw him in Los Angeles (Hollywood, most likely) and he was on the same bill as Edwin Starr. They didn't share the same stage, no. But I remember Edwin Starr following Rory's act, clear as day. I was young then, and not terribly assertive, so when the group of people I came with wanted to leave, I went with them. I should have stayed, because Rory was due to play another set after Edwin Starr.

I can't even recall which of those days was the last time I would ever see him play, because I never thought there would be a last time. :cry:
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome