Bittersweetness and Memory- Synchronicity?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Bittersweetness and Memory- Synchronicity?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Feb 2015, 14:33

I am home this evening, been ill with some sort of 24 hour stomach bug, so when I should have been to work, I was instead riding out the pain and getting my mind off it by chatting with an old musician friend from back home, chatting about commonalities, music we both liked, books we've read, and he recommended one to me, of a genre that we both like, and one that I have in common with Rory Gallagher and his taste in reading material- written by of all people, Ry Cooder. Ry Cooder the musician? Yes, he wrote a book, Los Angeles Stories,

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1217 ... es-stories

"Cooder writes with Chandler-esque pepper and an eye for character." — Rolling Stone

So, unable to sleep, I downloaded it to my Kindle, went into my room to read with the hope of maybe falling asleep. But I found that Ry Cooder is a rather decent writer of noir fiction, and very reminiscent of the sort of books on the poster in my room, the poster of Rory's Strat, with his favorite books on the shelf behind it. I became quite engrossed in the stories, and kept coming back to the thought, I bet Rory would love this. Then I remembered seeing on this very forum, a reference linking these two musicians, and I found it- the performance less than a month after Rory crossed over, with the introduction:

" . . . we'd like to play this for my friend Rory Gallagher, who passed away a while ago, he and I used to play this, he showed me the, ah, correct second part for, it's called, Si Bheag, Si Mhor . . ."

I can picture in my mind, Rory playing this. And I wonder over the synchronicity of it all.

It's a bit early, but, Happy Valentine's Day Rory, we won't forget you. . .

now to shed a few tears and try for some sleep-
RobertaSparrow

Re: Bittersweetness and Memory- Synchronicity?

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Feb 2015, 09:14

:mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome