JOE's Classic Irish Song of the Day: Rory Gallagher - Cradle

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

JOE's Classic Irish Song of the Day: Rory Gallagher - Cradle

Postby roryfan » 15 Jan 2015, 02:38

JOE's Classic Irish Song of the Day: Rory Gallagher - Cradle Rock

Here's a good one from joe.ie
A nice writeup including live and studio versions of Cradle Rock. Also Bill Wyman's take on what would have happened IF Rory had joined the Stones
A line from the article

"Why is it a classic? : What Leonardo Di Vinci could do with a paintbrush , Rory Gallagher could do with a guitar."

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/joes-cl ... ock/481344

take a look and listen
john g
roryfan

Re: JOE's Classic Irish Song of the Day: Rory Gallagher - Cr

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jan 2015, 20:10

I like the quote-

Did you know? :Bill Wyman revealed that Gallagher almost joined the Rolling Stones after the band's guitarist Mick Taylor walked out following a series of blow-ups with Keith Richards.

"If he'd have been in the Stones, he wouldn't have been singing and that was one of his strong points. He would have just been playing (guitar) solos... and learning to be subservient to two big egos. I don't think it would have worked".

I think Rory would have been miserable, and I bet he knew it, too. Imagine Rory having to do all those stage antics with Mick and Keith.
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome