Rory's Setlists Over The Years

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Rory's Setlists Over The Years

Postby capo » 02 Dec 2014, 18:34

But I do want you AnnaMaria, ah , I mean your setlist. :oops: Great choices, cool you included a Muddy Waters song from his "London Sessions" with Rory. Both you and Annie have songs from "Wheels Within Wheels", interesting. Just to be clear, lets see Everybodys 20 song setlist. :)
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Dec 2014, 19:38

Okay, in no particular order, and yeah there are a couple more than 20, but I have pared it down as much as I can.

First, I would ask Rory to pick something he always wanted to play but never did, and then:
catfish
can't believe it's true
cradle rock
feel so bad
follow me
I could've had religion
i fall apart
i feel so good
i'm moving on
lonesome highway
morning sun
what's going on
overnight bag
race the breeze
see here
seven days
sugar mama
the cuckoo
tatoo'd lady
last of the independents
want ad blues (it isn't wanted blues, it's want ad blues, he was looking in the want ads)
who's that coming
20/20 vision
wheels within wheels

I can't pick any to exclude- Rory would just have to pare it down.
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 03 Dec 2014, 16:19

Great choices Cythnia. You really favor Rory's early years, and the more 'quiet' , reflective songs. The only song after the 70's I see is "Seven Days". You, Annie, and AnnaMaria all picked songs from "Wheels Within Wheels", I think I need to go back and relisten to it, its been awhile. This has been fun. :D
capo

Postby Annie Elliott » 03 Dec 2014, 22:26

I made playlists from everyone's set lists. Today as I was driving home in the CRAZY rain for an hour and a half I listened to Capo's. It was kind of a revelation to hear the songs in that order, and there were some songs I don't listen to all that often that I really appreciated. I plan to listen to Anna Maria's and Cynthia's over the next two days. What a wonderful experience sharing with you guys.
Annie Elliott

Postby AnnaMaria » 04 Dec 2014, 13:40

Annie, what a good idea! I Think I´ll do the same. It´s just that I completely forgot I could include Taste. I won´t change my list though. I´ll have a couple of just outside the list like "I´m moving on" and how could I ever forget "You take what I want"!!!!! It´s obvious...Rory made far too many good songs.

Capo, I will forget you since I understand your situation ain´t got much better being stuck round a guitarneck. Got me a lesson in another thread. And after all, it´s soon Christmas. :D
AnnaMaria

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Dec 2014, 17:34

I agree, that's a good idea. With my iPod that would be easy, a setlist of faves based on everyone's input. Plus it will give me a chance (and a reason) to learn how to make setlists on the 'pod. :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Dec 2014, 08:07

Annie Elliott wrote:
capo wrote:Well, this was tough! I am going to be realistic and not have Rory perform a Springsteen like marathon. In 1991, his peak as a performer, music wise, he performed about 20 songs. So, sticking to that number, here goes:
    1. Country Mile 2. Moonchild 3. Crest Of A Wave 4. Garbage Man 5. Tattoo'd Lady 6. Bad Penney 7. Last Of The Independents 8. I Fall Apart 9. Aint Too Good 10. Overnight Bag 11. Seems To Me 12. OOTWP 13. Empire State Express 14. Million Miles Away 15. Fuel To The Fire 16. Loose Talk 17. Slumming Angel 18.Shadow Play 19. MWTK 20. In Your Town. Fin

Wow, what an awesome show that would be! Here's a set list I'd love to see, although if we're including Taste songs there would be a few changes. By the way, I'm not sure if this sequence would work well...

1. Who’s That Coming 2. Jukebox Annie ;) 3. Seven Days 4. Tatoo’d Lady 5. Bad Penny 6. Out on the Western Plains 7. Overnight Bag 8. Cradle Rock 9. Heaven’s Gate 10. Continental Op 11. Just the Smile 12. Sleep on a Clothes Line 13. I’m Not Surprised 14. Calling Card 15. Philby 16. Wheels Within Wheels 17. Lonesome Highway 18. Signals 19. Ride on Red 20. In Your Town

I was just comparing Rory's set lists, quite a range of choices! Annie I was comparing your list to mine. I should have included Roberta in my list :lol: . Gee, you'd think the lists would be more alike, eh? Or would they?

Would have included this one, too, but hey, 20 song limit-

RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome