WINNER of RORY Strat Cup / Mug Competition

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Win a RORY Strat Cup / Mug Competition

Postby Mandyl » 01 Dec 2014, 08:12

North American tour with Blind Faith in summer of 1969
Mandyl

Postby folkdeejay » 01 Dec 2014, 11:35

US tour with Blind Faith in 1969.

Were there any Jams/encores with Rory and EC trading licks ??
folkdeejay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Dec 2014, 18:52

folkdeejay wrote:US tour with Blind Faith in 1969.

Were there any Jams/encores with Rory and EC trading licks ??

I don't think they ever appeared together on the same stage at the same time, but if they ever did, I hope someone filmed it and releases it. That would be quite a Christmas gift.
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Dec 2014, 06:34

capo wrote:According to Gerry McAvoy, in "Riding Shotgun", he saw Taste open for Cream in Belfast, Northern Ireland at the Maritime sometime in 1967. See page 32.

I think that's the earliest definite reference, but I am probably wrong. I disqualify myself from winning a cup/mug, even if I knew the answer, which I don't. :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 02 Dec 2014, 17:08

You know, an interesting thread might be "Rory and Eric Clapton", but theres not much info. Rory, over the years, had some nice things to say about Clapton, he once said "I always have time for Clapton". But I have never seen in print or heard Clapton say anything about Rory. Theres that quote I always hear that Clapton said, "Rory got me back into the Blues". But like the Hendrix quote, I have never seen the source for this or if its true. When they toured together during the '69 North American Tour, even riding on the same bus, Rory kept to himself. I recall Donal saying that Clapton asked him what was wrong with Rory? Shyness I guess. Maybe someone can add to this?
capo

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Dec 2014, 16:15

Thanks to all the folk that made the effort to take part in this competition :)
These are the ones I've put in the draw to win the Rory Cup / Mug.. draw later today..

Davidduck
Heatison
Mandyl
Mr Roadmaster
Folkdeejay

Capo excluded himself. Even though he probably had the best and most definitive answer to this question..
Although on the Rory timeline it does state of November 1968 Northern Ireland Taste Tour with Cream. Which I'd count as a correct answer if you put that. I really don't think you can call that a proper tour. As Capo rightly stated too. As I think Cream and Taste didn't do more than a handful of gigs. The answer I was looking for was of course. The US and North American Tour with the supergroup Blind Faith in 1969.

Even though Mr Roadmaster didn't put the right year in his answer, technically he states quite correctly what lead to that tour. So as I said above, If you put those few November Northern Ireland gigs with Cream, you would qualify to go in the draw also.

Mr.Roadmaster wrote:Hello you all,
In November 1968, the band Taste , along with Yes, opened for Cream at Cream's farewell concerts. Taste began touring the United States and Canada with the British supergroup Blind Faith

I will make the draw later today. With all those named above in the hat and announce the winner after ;)

ROCK ON FOR RORY :)
Jay Jay

Re: WINNER of RORY Strat Cup / Mug Competition

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Dec 2014, 21:29

I put all the names above into my Fender cap / hat..

The one I pulled out and winner of the Rory strat cup/ mug.. Was the first correct answer on the boards coincidently " Davidduck "

David could you send me a PM with your home address. So that I can sent you your prize asap :)

PS. You can toast Rory like myself now.. Every time you have a cuppa tea or coffee ;)
Jay Jay

Re: WINNER of RORY Strat Cup / Mug Competition

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Dec 2014, 11:08

:o Congratulations Davidduck :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome