Donal's official Biography

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Donal's official Biography

Postby SUBY1974 » 26 Nov 2014, 22:44

Hi Cynthia. The article is on Rory Gallagher video page and its a photo of the article and a nice picture of Donal in it. The translation is on the bottom. Yes its very exciting news. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 26 Nov 2014, 22:49

Tibbierocks wrote:
heatison wrote:There was a article in the Cork Evening Echo, where Donal states that he hopes (Time Permitting) to publish the official Rory Gallagher Biography at the end of next year.
He also says that they are working toward releasing the full performance of Taste Live at the Isle of Wight.
I for one can't wait for both of these events.

This is all rather sexy. liking this. hmmm dvd! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Hi Tibbierocks. Yes the Isle of White DVD...and a handsome Rory playing his Strat and I am thinking as the other ladies will no doubt be thinking Cor!! Hmm indeed. Female hormones will be racing.... On a serious note I would have loved to have met Rory now as a lovely 66year old man and really just talk to him about everything and anything. I look up to him as my elder. He was so intelligent. Subrata
SUBY1974

Postby Tibbierocks » 30 Nov 2014, 14:38

yeah it's two fold - on one hand it's another chance to marvel at his fantastic playing and on the other he's going to look so handsome it will be a lovely treat for the eyes. It's a win win situation for the ladies. :-D
I still fancy Jimmy Page, Roger Waters and Scott walker and they are 70/71, so I'm sure I'd still fancy Rory if he was 66 years old! I am terrible.....
rory was very intelligent - reminds me that not every one has to go to university to have good level of education and wisdom. Could be an interesting day wandering around in Rory's brain to see what made him tick.
Tibbierocks

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Dec 2014, 14:41

Without a doubt I would fancy Rory as a 66year old. I love men with maturity and age is just a number. I went to Uni but from my experience it does not teach you about real life. It does not prepare you. Rory died in 1995 and that year I left Uni and had no clue what was waiting for me. I have learnt far more then what Uni ever taught me. Also the family did not prepare me for what was to come and it was a rather sheltered childhood. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Dec 2014, 16:59

I find all of Rory's interviews to be fascinating. He was obviously extremely intelligent and gifted, and I've no doubt he would have excelled at whatever he put his mind to, fortunately for the rest of us his chosen path took him all over the world to play his music for us. And in so doing, brought all of us together so many years later.

I'm looking forward to the book. Hope it will be out in time for the festivities in Ballyshannon and Cork.
RobertaSparrow

Postby AnnaMaria » 01 Dec 2014, 18:29

That will be really nice to read the book when it´s released. But what will it tell us? I´ve read/Heard so many interviews by Donal and I Think he is so very open when he speaks about Rory. I wonder how he feels about that? I mean Rory didn´t want to tell anybody about his private Life. Maybe it´s a way for Donal to keep Rory "alive" as long as people/fans are interested in his Music and person and it sure do help when there are new cd´s/Music coming out now and then. And books ofcourse.
AnnaMaria

Postby Tom Jonas » 06 Dec 2014, 20:40

I am certain that a biography written by his brother and manager, and perhaps help with memories from other people who knew him, will be a source for all of us.
Definitely better than Keith Richard's "Autobiography" , which was mostly an accolade to drugs. And very hard stuff, heroin no problem, you can easily by suffering some Cold Turkey "de-tox yourself" whenever necessary.
What a rubbish! Heroin gives a permanent brain damage.
Rolling Stones made a handful of very, very good hits, due to Keith as a master of riffs. Otherwise their records are filled with a wall of almost disharmonic sounds, but perhaps with their early records excluded.
Let us all congratulate Rory that he never joined these junkies.
Tom Jonas

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome