As a matter of curiosity

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: As a matter of curiosity

Postby JimLED » 22 Nov 2014, 14:47

Tumblr - very nice and friendly resource!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby AnnaMaria » 22 Nov 2014, 18:16

I am a member here and it´s the only Place where I write something.
I´ve also "liked" FB´s Official.
Then I read a lot of other sites ofcourse.

It´s sad when people get so angry on the net. Angry with eachother I mean. We are different and we Think different. Seems so hard to understand. It´s funny a fansite can bring up such angry comments. I mean after all everybody is here for the same reason. Because we all like RG.
AnnaMaria

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Nov 2014, 19:04

AnnaMaria wrote:I am a member here and it´s the only Place where I write something.
I´ve also "liked" FB´s Official.
Then I read a lot of other sites ofcourse.

It´s sad when people get so angry on the net. Angry with eachother I mean. We are different and we Think different. Seems so hard to understand. It´s funny a fansite can bring up such angry comments. I mean after all everybody is here for the same reason. Because we all like RG.

I know what you mean, especially when I think on how very likeable and amiable Rory was. We all have such strong emotions around him, positive ones, and yet-

it is a puzzle.
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Nov 2014, 19:25

JimLED wrote:Tumblr - very nice and friendly resource!

I really like your avatar of Rory laughing!
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tom Jonas » 22 Nov 2014, 19:55

I'm completely clean!
No other Rory-site.
No Facebook account.
And, furthermore, as a principle I have so far refused even to get a mobile phone! We will see how long I can resist.
After spending a lot of time on-call at my work I looked forward so much to be unreachable.
But I have discovered two advantages with a mobile phone. When you're playing golf and just started on hole 17, it's time to phone the wife and ask her to lit up the grill. And, secondly, if I'm ordered to go to the shop to buy a certain sort of mustard, youghurt, pasta, or whatever, and they're out of it, it is very handy to call the wife for advice.
Tom Jonas

Postby AnnaMaria » 23 Nov 2014, 08:11

Tom Jonas...are you really from Sweden? No mobile, no FB or anything?
Living in a Cave? :mrgreen:
Just kidding! I have a mobile but it is an ancient one. No internet or anything. I just have it so those who wants to reach me can do that. I can´t do SMS it would take me ages to do so I rather call them up. If I just answer with an OK Believe it or not it ends up with a KO (Ko in Swedish is Cow in English) and I can´t answer with Cow everytime I SMS so I stopped that.
And...in secret....I want to I want to hit those people in the back of their heads when they like Walking infront of me like zombies only having Eyes for their mobile and not aware of stopping up the pavement. :twisted:
I am a member of FB but I almost never write there. I do like to keep in touch with old friends though.

But I must say I love Spotify. I can play any Rory song I like whenever I like. Exept when the rest of the family is home. I might be a dinosaur but not like a T-Rex. Rather a small kind one.
AnnaMaria

Postby Tibbierocks » 24 Nov 2014, 11:43

I have a Rory tumblr page that once in a blue moon, I have the time to update. I was doing very well with it, but life got in the way. Tumblr is friendly and there's plenty of eye candy going on there - you know what I mean ;-) I've closed my facebook, but I did use to make the odd post/like at the rory page. I don't have much time for the internet what with boring adult responsibilities going on, but I pop on by when I can.
Tibbierocks

Postby SUBY1974 » 06 Jan 2015, 14:22

I have registered with Roryweb but don't post there. I prefer LT. I have made friends here and we respect each other and Rory. I feel the discussions on this board are fair. I have liked about every Rory page on FB. The only music forem I post a lot on is Rory. I don't even post on any Queen form and I like tonnes of other bands. My FB page is mainly made up of my literature groups and spirituality, assertive and motivational stuff. Recently at a Writers Lunch in Harrow my writer pal Steve asked me about Rory. He is genuinely surprised I liked rock music. Nothing wrong with that. He understands the literature and spiritual part of me but rock? Anyway he was genuinely interested in Rory after seeing him on FB. We talked about Rory and Claire ( my college pal) talked about The Who. She is related to Roger Daltrey. I glad both Claire and Steve like Rory and help spread the word. Rory can take over all my FB site. I don't mind. He is part of my life. Subrata.:0).x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 06 Jan 2015, 14:40

I will never break my promise to you Rory and this goes for other Rory fans as well. I will do everything I can to spread your music and name. I will come to Cork and Ballincollig every year to see you and I will learn the guitar. Wanted to learn guitar since 1994! So that is my promise to you for 2015. I am also learning from you. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome