Kickback City Wins Album Of The Year

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Kickback City Wins Album Of The Year

Postby capo » 16 Nov 2014, 17:26

The European Blues Award, http://www.europeanbluesawards.wordpress.com, has awarded Rory Gallagher's "Kickback City" Album of The Year for 2014. Congrats to Donal and all those involved in the production. And Rory Too! As an aside, I read this on Rory Gallagher Vaults page on Facebook. This morning they published a photo of Rory in his home, sitting in front of his standup piano, holding a guitar, circa 70's I think. The funny thing is, on the piano is a framed photo of Rory with Mickey Mouse! :?: Did'nt know our Rory was such a rodent fan :D I forget, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rory-Gallagher-Vaults. Sorry, for some reason can't get this link to work. Just go to Facebook and type in Rory Gallagher Vaults.
capo

Re: Kickback City Wins Album Of The Year

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Nov 2014, 19:05

capo wrote:The European Blues Award, http://www.europeanbluesawards.wordpress.com, has awarded Rory Gallagher's "Kickback City" Album of The Year for 2014. Congrats to Donal and all those involved in the production. And Rory Too! As an aside, I read this on Rory Gallagher Vaults page on Facebook. This morning they published a photo of Rory in his home, sitting in front of his standup piano, holding a guitar, circa 70's I think. The funny thing is, on the piano is a framed photo of Rory with Mickey Mouse! :?: Did'nt know our Rory was such a rodent fan :D I forget, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rory-Gallagher-Vaults. Sorry, for some reason can't get this link to work. Just go to Facebook and type in Rory Gallagher Vaults.

:mrgreen: I like that- European Blues Award! I would like him to get some recognition by some of the blues organizations here in the United States. Rory did a lot to bring the blues back to popularity at a time when it had almost faded away. That would have been a sad day. He deserves recognition.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 17 Nov 2014, 10:09

What great news!
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 15 Jun 2015, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Nov 2014, 14:10

Congratulations Rory! Also congratulations to everyone who is keeping Rory's flame alive. Donal must be well pleased. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 19 Nov 2014, 21:16

SUBY1974 wrote: . . . Also congratulations to everyone who is keeping Rory's flame alive . . .

Yes indeed. Rory left this world nearly 20 years ago, and we, his fans (and his friends and family, but that goes without saying) have worked to keep it that way, and have it grow stronger still. And it isn't easy, he died young, and he was so humble and low-key himself (except when he was on stage), so many people missed out on seeing him. I think more than ever we need to pull together, work toward that goal for Rory, set aside our differences and old disagreements, and focus on what we have in common, not just here, but on all the Rory sites and fan gatherings. We have the 20 year anniversary coming up, and that is something to talk about, isn't it? Something we can all look forward to, right? 8-) So lets all start supporting each other across the 'net, and plan a big celebration for him.
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome