Greeting from the swamps of Jersey

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
John Ganjamie (roryfan) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) Jim Petrover (JimLED).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Greeting from the swamps of Jersey

Postby leftyaxeman » 15 Nov 2014, 18:28

Hey fellow Rory fans, I'm new here. My name is Pete. I'm a Rory fan from the U.S.

I've been a fan of Rory's since I was a kid. I'm also a guitar player. I've been heavily influenced by Rory, especially his live performances. I love the passion & in-the-moment spontaneity that Rory brought to every performance. I try, yes, try to capture that spirit in every performance with my band.

Finally decided to sign up. Stay well Rory fans.
leftyaxeman

Re: Greeting from the swamps of Jersey

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Nov 2014, 18:40

Hello Pete, welcome to Rory's forum! 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 15 Nov 2014, 18:55

leftyaxeman wrote:Hey fellow Rory fans, I'm new here. My name is Pete. I'm a Rory fan from the U.S.

I've been a fan of Rory's since I was a kid. I'm also a guitar player. I've been heavily influenced by Rory, especially his live performances. I love the passion & in-the-moment spontaneity that Rory brought to every performance. I try, yes, try to capture that spirit in every performance with my band.

Hi Pete, a very warm welcome to Rory's Official family forum.

Guys like you make my day with what you say there above. Rory spirit goes on through the passion he gave us all in his performances & music :)
Please tell us more about your band?
Also tell more and post here about what you think about the IT ' 74 box set edition. On The boards please
click link here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4144&start=60

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby leftyaxeman » 16 Nov 2014, 18:28

Thanks for the warm welcome Jay Jay.

The band I'm in plays a mix of original music & covers. We just added 3 Rory tunes & hope to do them justice ;o) Shadowplay, one of my all time favorites, Landromat, another fav of mine, & Shinkicker. It's been a blast playing Rory's tunes, I love getting to play the songs I've admired for sooo lllooonnnggg, and get to improvise, along with playing Rory's inspired licks. Other artists we cover are Hendrix, Beatles, Trower, VH, STP, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, etc. I've been on the boys to add Rory tunes for awhile & guess they just decided to give in to constant recommendations, lol.

I've just received the IT '74 box set this week and have listened to 4 of the 7 CDs. Amazing to say the least, I love what I've heard so far. Can't wait to watch the DVD.
Sláinte, Pete

Thanks for the welcome Robertasparrow
leftyaxeman

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Nov 2014, 14:11

Welcome to Roryland. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby leftyaxeman » 03 Dec 2014, 18:51

SUBY1974 wrote:Welcome to Roryland. Subrata.x

Thanks Subrata, I'm digging Roryland.
leftyaxeman