RORY should've had Taste of Cream?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY should've had Taste of Cream?

Postby Jay Jay » 28 Oct 2014, 12:32

From the main homepage Donal Gallagher gives his tribute to the sad loss of the great Jack Bruce R.I.P

He speaks again. about the chance Rory was offered to go play with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker after the breakup of Cream

http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/201 ... _bruce_rip
Jay Jay

Re: RORY should've had Taste of Cream?

Postby Jay Jay » 28 Oct 2014, 15:51

The Taste of Cream what might have been

Taste of Cream.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 28 Oct 2014, 16:38

If only Rory had teamed up with Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce- that would have been legend. The video of Jack Bruce and Rory, where he does I'm Ready, Politician, and Born Under a Bad Sign, they are my favorites.
RobertaSparrow

Postby maybeiwill » 28 Oct 2014, 21:34

WOW!!!! The awesomeness of Rory Gallagher mixed with the crazed beat of Ginger Baker and the genious bass work and vocals of Jack Bruce? Positively would have been EPIC!!!! 8-)
maybeiwill

Postby capo » 29 Oct 2014, 15:41

Hmm, don't know about that. Rory got a close up look at what, shall we say, a handful Ginger Baker was. As I recall Donal helped "babysit" Baker on the '69 U.S. tour when Taste was the opening act, making sure he made his flights, bus, gigs, ect. Same reason why Rory and the Stones would not have been a good mix. Rory would not have put up with all the drug and mayhem baggage that would come with it. IMHO.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 29 Oct 2014, 17:56

I think that Rory, Jack Bruce and Wilgar Campbell would have been unstoppable. Or perhaps John Bonham, except Rory wasn't that enamored with double bass drum kits.
RobertaSparrow

Postby maybeiwill » 29 Oct 2014, 18:17

I do absolutely agree with capo about Ginger Baker. I saw a show this past year with and about GB - his radical opinions on various topics (for instance, how much more talented he is than any other musician ) and how he currently lives his life - WHAT A NUT!!!! On stage with Rory, Jack Bruce and him, it would be OK, but I wouldn't wish having to deal with his personality off stage on anyone (let alone our beloved Rory!) Wilgar, Jack and Rory would be a better fit, I agree.
maybeiwill

Postby AnnaMaria » 29 Oct 2014, 18:54

What!? Did Bonham play double bassdrums? Really? Where/when? Not on my old records eh? Or is it that Bullfrog again?
I D O N O T like double bassdrums....
AnnaMaria

Postby Annie Elliott » 29 Oct 2014, 21:58

Rory and Jack, with anyone on drums would have been magic. Heck they could have put Ringo Starr, or even me on drums and they would have been great. Funny, I was listening to Cream today thinking of how amazing they would have been together. But really I would have liked to see Rod up there with them.
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 15 Jun 2015, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby RobertaSparrow » 30 Oct 2014, 06:32

AnnaMaria wrote:What!? Did Bonham play double bassdrums? Really? Where/when? Not on my old records eh? Or is it that Bullfrog again?
I D O N O T like double bassdrums....

You're right, he didn't . . . :shock: less than a week I've been 61 :o :? I'm getting old and forgetful :( :(

ah, well then, yesssss then, Rory, Jack, and John.

Ringo Star is to John Bonham as ? is to Rory Gallagher
RobertaSparrow

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome