Is there a song that is your least favourite?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Is there a song that is your least favourite?

Postby Tibbierocks » 14 Oct 2014, 08:16

"My blood burned just like toast," - I've not noticed him sing that. What song is it in?
ah so Rory could cook then - toast. All those stories of him not being fend for himself have been exaggerated :-D
Tibbierocks

Postby Annie Elliott » 14 Oct 2014, 10:54

Tibbierocks wrote:"My blood burned just like toast," - I've not noticed him sing that. What song is it in?
ah so Rory could cook then - toast. All those stories of him not being fend for himself have been exaggerated :-D

You guys crack me up. That's from Ghost Blues, which is overall a fantastic song.

I think most of Rory's lyricism was about as good as McCartney's but he didn't have a John Lennon to get him over the little blips. You can imagine John on the toast thing, riffing and them laughing their heads off then finding a better word. I think 'coal' would have worked myself. OK, so it doesn't exactly rhyme with ghost but close enough. Or 'face looks like diamond, blood burns just like coal,' get it? :roll: I'd better stop now - I could miss the rest of the song! I just know from my little writer's group experience that someone can give you that one little tip that makes all the difference.

Songs like Philby, In Your Town, Tattoo'd Lady, Daughter of the Everglades, etc, etc, that's where I see the genius in his songwriting.

Speaking of what I'd like to see in a book on Rory: how about McCartney weighing in? Now that would be interesting.
Annie Elliott

Postby jenniferj » 14 Oct 2014, 11:56

Yes, "The Devil Made Me Do It". Too repetitive or something. I am loathe to say it but it really irritates me. Sorry Rory ...
Jennifer.
jenniferj

Postby maybeiwill » 15 Oct 2014, 19:27

I'm not very inclined to name any songs that I skip over or don't particularly favor, but (and this has nothing to do with the music) Rory did kind of lose me when he wore that straw cowboy hat! Please don't ever cover up those lovely locks! :lol:
maybeiwill

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome