What I did on my summer vacation

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: What I did on my summer vacation

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Oct 2014, 18:20

Its nice to see pictures of Rory hotspots in London and some new ones in Cork. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Oct 2014, 21:12

SUBY1974 wrote:
Annie Elliott wrote:
Tibbierocks wrote:If you say your family are Irish, you get perks? Cool. I try that. Mine are on the 1911 Dublin census. I'll print a copy as proof. ;-)

LOL, it worked for me although I just mentioned it as an aside to the nice lady at the rental car counter. I have to say though, driving through Ireland in a big BMW was not that fun. I think I know now why Rory never learned to drive...[/quote
They are racy drivers in Ireland. Trust me I know and so does Susie. No disrespect to Irish people. They also love silver cars. Subrata.x :mrgreen:

That's one of my worries, I've been driving since I was 15 (yeah, that's a lot of driving) but never on the left-hand side of the road. To really see the places I want to see, a car is the way to go, so I intend to rent a small manual transmission car (more maneuverable) but driving on the "wrong" side of the road? I wonder how long it will take to adapt to that?

BTW, I thought Rory did know how to drive, just wasn't too fond of it. Donal, on the other hand, must have gotten fairly used to switching from our way to Europe's, especially if he drove in Los Angeles. We're good drivers in Los Angeles, have to be, because you can't get anywhere without the L.A. freeway system. Donal was usually Rory's driver, so he must have gotten pretty good at it too. So it can be done.

- Cynthia, AKA RobertaSparrow, but never Annie Elliott.
RobertaSparrow

Postby AnnaMaria » 08 Oct 2014, 05:32

OMG, driving on the "wrong" side was really a shock. As I mentioned before I was in Scotland and Outer Hebrides last summer. My husband was the driver and we just laughed and while we drove from Edinburgh Airport we said we might not get back alive. Scottish drivers were NOT the problem...

But each cross I screamed: "short left" or "long right" and really, that helped. That´s my best tip! :D And Watch out for the cheep. :mrgreen:

Yes, wouldn´t it be great to meet in Cork everybody. I have never been to Ireland. I Think there will be a lot of talking and laughing! :D
AnnaMaria

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Oct 2014, 05:48

AnnaMaria wrote:OMG, driving on the "wrong" side was really a shock. As I mentioned before I was in Scotland and Outer Hebrides last summer. My husband was the driver and we just laughed and while we drove from Edinburgh Airport we said we might not get back alive. Scottish drivers were NOT the problem...

But each cross I screamed: "short left" or "long right" and really, that helped. That´s my best tip! :D And Watch out for the cheep. :mrgreen:

Yes, wouldn´t it be great to meet in Cork everybody. I have never been to Ireland. I Think there will be a lot of talking and laughing! :D

That would be great. I plane on it for next summer, be great to meet up with everyone some might say I'd be beside myself.
:lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Oct 2014, 12:41

Annie Elliott wrote:My shirt will say...

I'm With My Friend, Cynthia. AND WE ARE RORY'S LADIES! :lol:

And thanks but that photo was last year before I got the braces. Right now I look more like Jaws from James Bond, ugh.

Love the idea of t-shirts saying Rory Ladies. :mrgreen: Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Tibbierocks » 08 Oct 2014, 15:28

Mine is going to say 'Mrs Rory Gallagher'. :-D :-D
Tibbierocks

Postby AnnaMaria » 08 Oct 2014, 16:57

Mine is going to say "Jag är Cork-ad!" wich in English will be "I´m stupid!"
(Korkad(Swe)=stupid(Eng))
AnnaMaria

Postby Annie Elliott » 08 Oct 2014, 20:58

I think we should all have t-shirts saying the same thing on the back and our individual quote on the front.
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 16 Jun 2015, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Oct 2014, 21:02

Tibbierocks wrote:Mine is going to say 'Mrs Rory Gallagher'. :-D :-D

:lol: hey if that title were up for grabs, there's a line forms there :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Oct 2014, 21:03

Annie Elliott wrote:I think we should all have t-shirts saying the same thing on the back and our individual quote on the front. I'm considering "Kiss Me, I'm a Nurse," or "Give Me a Pint, I'm a Nurse." It really depends on what kind of a day I've had :P

Yeah, the line, we are Rory's ladies, :lol: :lol: :lol: and I can list all the people that I am not :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Call me Cynthia
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome