New Cork Rory airport petition

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

New Cork Rory airport petition

Postby roryfan » 05 Oct 2014, 19:52

The site hosting the petition to have the Cork Airport renamed to honor Rory is out of business.

Here is a new site and petition. Sign in please
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Rena ... -Gallagher
roryfan

Re: New Cork Rory airport petition

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Oct 2014, 03:58

John,

Did the old signatures carry over to the new site, or do we who have already signed need to do it again?
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 06 Oct 2014, 15:05

Good question, I had signed the old one.
Tibbierocks

Postby roryfan » 08 Oct 2014, 01:28

Bibi, who started the new petition and has been very active for the cause sent this explanation
Hi,

I think I own you an explanation!
I was devastated when I learnt that PetitionOnline was shutting down their site on 30 September 2014. I contacted their helpdesk immediately and asked, if it was possible to save all the achieved signatures & comments. Their answer was: Unfortunately, we do not have a feature that will transfer the petition. However, if you are the creator of this petition, you can download the signature list.”

So, I contacted RICHARD SEAMON, who created the petition back in October 2006 but he couldn’t remember his password. Richard was offered by the helpdesk to reset his password (a new password directly to the email they have listed for the petition) but he also couldn't remember the old email address he used when he originally joined PetitionOnline in 2006. That was the end of PetitionOnline’s help (see http://www.petitiononline.com/)

There was no other solution than to copy/paste/save all signatures & comments (more than 10.800) before their shut-down on 30 September. All is now stored in my computer and I still have a sort of proof. Btw, the entire petition history is on my website http://www.rorygallagherairport.com/

I had to start a new petition, as I don’t give up so easily. I believe that something might happen in Cork, if we continue with this. I’m sorry that everybody has to sign again!

Best regards from Brussels,

Bibi
roryfan

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Oct 2014, 21:42

Short answer, even if you signed before, Please Please sign again. We have to start over. I just signed, and the petition is up to a whopping 344. :cry:

So, sign it again. Do it for Rory, it only takes a second.

I would sign it over and over again, but alas, I am only one person. Despite certain rumors, innuendos, and libelous accusations.

-RobertaSparrow, or is it Cynthia?
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Oct 2014, 22:44

Done.x
SUBY1974

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome