"Excuse me please. My ear is full of milk."

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: "Excuse me please. My ear is full of milk."

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Oct 2014, 04:14

Madrid74 wrote:"El gordo y el flaco" movies are so funny, I remember to watch that films at the tv when I was a child but dubbed in mexican spanish and years later were dubbed again this time in spanish (castilian) but someone decided that Stan Laurel spoke with a french accent ....

My dad and uncles were so into Laurel and Hardy, that's what my cousins called them, Gordo y el flaco. I'm surprised they were dubbed by voice actors. Laurel and Hardy were peculiar in that they did many versions of their own work in other languages themselves. My dad had a couple of tapes that they had themselves dubbed, he said you could hear it was them, with their accents and all, most likely speaking phonetically.

Yes it's really them, Stan and Ollie-

I just really think it's great that Rory was a fan of these two! He had excellent taste in humor!

8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby photofinish » 13 Oct 2014, 07:43

Nice to c this thread still being discussed...Rory would have enjoyed joining in..!!!
photofinish

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Oct 2014, 10:44

maybeiwill wrote:Y'all (sorry; I live in the deep south, but I'm still a New Yorker at heart - feels funny to even write "y'all;) anyway....you all (better....) need to visit the Laurel and Hardy Museum in Harlem, Ga., which is where Ollie was born. Every year they have a Laurel and Hardy Festival with a parade, look-alikes and other interesting exhibits and activities! :D

When I worked in downtown L.A. I used to drive from the San Gabriel Valley into downtown by way of Glendale Blvd, through Echo Park district, where the original Hal Roach Studios were sited. And once we actualy found the stairway where the Music Box was filmed! I believe it's still there, and since that part of L.A. is central to where all the clubs and night spots are, I'm certain Rory likely drove past those same areas, too. This can be such a wonderful, small world!

"He don't want me. He wants the other monkey. . . . You!"
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome