Bit of Rory rememberance last night at Gloucester Guildhall

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Bit of Rory rememberance last night at Gloucester Guildhall

Postby Tibbierocks » 21 Sep 2014, 16:54

So, I was the Guildhall on Friday when the name 'Rory Gallagher' jumped out at me on a poster for a guy called Larry Miller. I'd never heard of him, but seeing Rory's name as a sign and after watching Larry on youtube, I thought, why not and got a ticket to the gig last night. Well, only about 40 people turned up and they put out tables and chairs to fill up the space - at a rock gig! :lol: Can you imagine Rory playing to an audience sitting at tables and chairs? Anyways, I could hear Rory's name being mentioned by people around me and I spotted a couple of Rory Tshirts, then Larry starts to talk about Rory a bit, did an affectionate mick take of Rory introducing Walk On Hot Coals and played it. I was going to film all of it, but this bloke got up and started skipping back and forth across the front of the stage, so I stopped before the solo. Shame that as it was good, trust me. Well that wasn't all as we got Bullfrog Blues at the end of the night, by which point we all up in front of the stage. First time I've ever seen a proper guitar guitar player live before. I missed all the greats and great bands being too young. I actually watched real guitar player last night. It was great! Larry is definitely influenced by Rory - I could tell by some of his stage moves. :D A great night, shame more people didn't turn up for it, but the Guildhall didn't bother to promote that gig.

now I have the link to the rubbish footage I filmed. yes, some of us do have cameras that film that badly in the year 2014. I only wish I could have taken either of my SLR cameras as I could of gotten some decent photos and some decent footage. So here's the links to walk on hot coals and the best of the photos I took for those that might be interested.

So some Rory love in Gloucester last night. 8-) He came once to Gloucester in 1988 and never came back. I wonder why?.... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNuQn3 ... e=youtu.be
https://www.flickr.com/photos/serenityr ... 825677901/
Tibbierocks

Re: Bit of Rory rememberance last night at Gloucester Guildh

Postby AnnaMaria » 21 Sep 2014, 20:45

That is so nice you can hear Rory Music on stage where you live. Not possible here in Sweden I guess. There have been Thin Lizzy tribute bands though. They were huge here in the seventies.

I was about to write that Rory probably didn´t return to Gloucester because he lost the map but sadly maybe he was about to loose himself at that time :cry:
AnnaMaria

Postby fenderbass » 22 Sep 2014, 21:12

Some interesting facts about Larry and band.

Larry is on front of Stage Struck album.

Image[/url]

Derek White on bass was runner up in this years British Blues Awards

http://www.britishbluesawards.com/winners-2014/4586012690

Graham Walker on drums played in the Gary Moore Band and was drummer on Gary's albums, Still Got The Blues, After Hours and Blues For Greeny.

http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/graham-walker-ex-gary-moore-drummer--tickets

Dave Sweeting is Larry's roadie/guitar tech and is a Rory fan and occasionally roadies for Band of Friends.

Image[/URL][/img]
fenderbass

Postby Tibbierocks » 23 Sep 2014, 08:23

yes, Dave Sweeting was standing on the left hand side of the stage. A small taste for me of what seeing a proper guitar player must have been like back in the day. I could get used to that. We need more guitar players.
Tibbierocks

Postby SUBY1974 » 26 Sep 2014, 22:03

Nice pics Tibbierocks. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Tibbierocks » 27 Sep 2014, 11:37

Thank you. If only I had one of my SLR cameras with me.... I could have a done a great job photographing Larry. The only time I used an SLR at a gig was for the B.R.M.C last September and those turned out great.
Tibbierocks

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome