Visiting Rory in Cork June 2015

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Visiting Rory in Cork June 2015

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Dec 2014, 13:11

This has been such an odd year. I had been planning for quite a while to go to Cork, then Ballyshannon and Cork, but then work and the daily ups and downs of life got in the way and I was afraid I couldn't go.

But this last quarter has been so, so, peculiar. Still plenty of ups and downs, and more than a little weirdness. But these past few weeks have been extraordinary. I guess one could say the stars lined up just right for me. This trip for Rory's festival, it was so on again, off again, that I began to have my doubts, but it is the 20-year mark and I really wanted to make it happen.

Now it looks like everything is good to go, and finally in this last week for the first time I can say (knock on wood, barring anything unforeseen) I will be able to make Ballyshannon and Cork. And for this last week, it's pretty much all I could think about.

Lots of planning and thought have gone into it the past week, the whole of it heavy on my mind, but in a good way.

Then on Friday night as I was getting ready to go to work I switched the little radio on in the kitchen (I leave it on when I'm at work, so the dog and cats feel someone is home). I heard on local Oregon public radio, NPR out of Lane Community College here in Eugene, Rory on the radio! I have not heard him on the radio here ever in Oregon. And I have not heard him on the radio at all in decades. They were playing Overnight Bag!*

Synchronicity . . . ?

Someone cue Rod Serling :lol: :lol: :lol:

*KLCC 11:30pm, out of Eugene, the show "Continental Drift," and the host Kyle Christopher played 3 Rory songs!
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 15 Dec 2014, 15:04

RobertaSparrow wrote:
Now it looks like everything is good to go, and finally in this last week for the first time I can say (knock on wood, barring anything unforeseen) I will be able to make Ballyshannon and Cork. And for this last week, it's pretty much all I could think about.

I'm so happy to hear this! :D
Annie Elliott

Postby SUBY1974 » 16 Dec 2014, 00:13

RobertaSparrow wrote:This has been such an odd year. I had been planning for quite a while to go to Cork, then Ballyshannon and Cork, but then work and the daily ups and downs of life got in the way and I was afraid I couldn't go.

But this last quarter has been so, so, peculiar. Still plenty of ups and downs, and more than a little weirdness. But these past few weeks have been extraordinary. I guess one could say the stars lined up just right for me. This trip for Rory's festival, it was so on again, off again, that I began to have my doubts, but it is the 20-year mark and I really wanted to make it happen.

Lots of planning and thought have gone into it the past week, the whole of it heavy on my mind, but in a good way.

Then on Friday night as I was getting ready to go to work I switched the little radio on in the kitchen (I leave it on when I'm at work, so the dog and cats feel someone is home). I heard on local Oregon public radio, NPR out of Lane Community College here in Eugene, Rory on the radio! I have not heard him on the radio here ever in Oregon. And I have not heard him on the radio at all in decades. They were playing Overnight Bag!*

Synchronicity . . . ?

Someone cue Rod Serling :lol: :lol: :lol:

*KLCC 11:30pm, out of Eugene, the show "Continental Drift," and the host Kyle Christopher played 3 Rory songs!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;) Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome