RICHARD NEWMAN (RORY'S LAST DRUMMER) TALKS ABOUT RORY .

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: RICHARD NEWMAN (RORY'S LAST DRUMMER) TALKS ABOUT RORY .

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Sep 2014, 12:50

Hi Photofinish, Jay Jay was not having a go at Gerry. I understand the book is now out of print. I would love to see Richard Newman's drumming one day. Glad you all had a good night. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Sep 2014, 18:58

Photofinish, tell us about Rory, you, and Laurel and Hardy? Please? :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby photofinish » 09 Sep 2014, 13:42

No big deal..JJ and i have known each other for years....and were always agreeing to disagree...and i will when i get chance tell about Rory and Laurel and
Hardy...i did post this on the old meeting place..
photofinish

Postby Tom Jonas » 09 Sep 2014, 16:40

But the pressure on Rory was massive and he'd say to me, 'They just expect too much of me, you know'. They make people into icons but they demand so much back from them.

I made a regretable mistake yesterday. I listened to the last recorded concert by Rory, in Holland at the beginning of 1995.
Totally inconceivable and so catastrophically sad!!!!
How could he be allowed to even trying to perform concerts in the shape he obviously was at that time? It must have been a torment and pain for him (and his fellow musicians in the band and the audience).
My day was ruined.
Tom Jonas

Postby AnnaMaria » 09 Sep 2014, 17:13

My day was suddenly ruined too.

For some reason I was listening and watching Rory play in 1994 (Pistoia?). The playing was ok, not like when he was young but anyway I liked it.

Then the camera came closer to the guitar and I got a glimpse of Rorys arm and I saw it was full of dark spots and red too. Watched it once again and the spots were there again. It certanly did not look well at all. I had to play something else (by Rory ofcourse). I don´t use to play the 1990´s videos.

This makes me so terrible sad. He must have been so ill. Makes me want to stand up and scream "Do something!!!!" But then again it´s a Little bit late fot that.
AnnaMaria

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Sep 2014, 20:47

AnnaMaria wrote:My day was suddenly ruined too.

For some reason I was listening and watching Rory play in 1994 (Pistoia?). The playing was ok, not like when he was young but anyway I liked it.

Then the camera came closer to the guitar and I got a glimpse of Rorys arm and I saw it was full of dark spots and red too. Watched it once again and the spots were there again. It certanly did not look well at all. I had to play something else (by Rory ofcourse). I don´t use to play the 1990´s videos.

This makes me so terrible sad. He must have been so ill. Makes me want to stand up and scream "Do something!!!!" But then again it´s a Little bit late fot that.

It is sad, sad that he was so terribly ill. But Rory wanted to work. He was gravely ill, but the one thing he loved more than anything else, was to get up in front of an audience and play. Sort of like an athlete who knows it would be best to rest, but is compelled to play anyway. Or a racehorse who loves to run, and even if you want to rein her in, she won't be held back. Maybe someone should have stopped him. But it's what he wanted. He wanted and needed to rest, and he wanted and needed to play. It cannot be changed now, and it is no one's fault.

I have watched all of his shows, the early and the late ones, he was always a wonderful artist and a beautiful man, he was very ill at the end of his life, and like it or not, he lived his life the way he wanted to, and I believe I'll get to see him again one day. :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby AnnaMaria » 09 Sep 2014, 21:50

No Roberta, it´s not that I wanted someone to take him down from the stage. It´s not that.
It´s more the feeling of getting him to the right kind of doctors/hospital so he could get well again, be happy and get his mental state in balance (or how you´ll describe it)I just wish someone could have helped him and that he would have accepted to get help.
Well, I guess I just wish he hade made contact with people who could have helped him.
And after that getting a new fresh start on stage, off stage and everywhere.
AnnaMaria

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome