Rory Gallagher Degrees of Separation

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory Gallagher Degrees of Separation

Postby Annie Elliott » 25 Aug 2014, 13:31

OK, I know this is silly but...I recently found out I'm distantly related to Jesse James (long line of border reivers, bootleggers and outlaws over here) so I figure I'm four degrees separation from Rory as follows:

Annie Elliot - Jesse James - Lead Belly -Rory Gallagher (Out on the Western Plains). - edited to of course give credit where due.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK0T-fVVFhc

Anybody else?
Annie Elliott

Re: Rory Gallagher Degrees of Separation

Postby Annie Elliott » 31 Aug 2014, 15:40

Oh come on, it's not that hard! Here's another one:

Roberta Sparrow - Donnie Darko - Jacke Gyllenhaal - John Cusack (via End of Watch) - Rory Gallagher! Added bonus, Nicole Kidman is a (yikes!) 'death row groupie' trying to prove John Cusack was framed.
Annie Elliott

Postby RobertaSparrow » 31 Aug 2014, 18:17

okay, I'll play.

Degrees of separation from Rory? Depends on how you count it. :?

Saw Rory play way back when, in clubs and venues, but never got a chance to speak to him. Could swore we made eye contact a few times, though, so, 1 degree of separation? 8-)
or,
Back in the 70's bought my first decent guitar, a Sigma dreadnought, from a pro guitarist friend, named Paul, who met Rory and chatted with him, 2 degrees? :D
Was recently insulted and slandered by someone I thought was a friend who supposedly was on a first-name basis with Rory and supposedly had the chance to reject him romantically, 3 semi degrees? :roll:
Watched one of his later performances from a tape made a few months before his death, where he appeared to be saying goodbye to his family and friends, and wondered aloud, "you knew you didn't have long, didn't you?" and saw him that night in a dream where he smiled at me and said, "I'm fine, I'm happy," and waves of joy and happiness swirled around him? 1 degree? :cry: :? :shock: :D
And,
Have the honor of watching over Rory's website with the consent and approval of his family and friends . . . don't know how many degrees :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 31 Aug 2014, 19:43

I love it! Although I like the first one best :D
Annie Elliott

Postby maybeiwill » 01 Sep 2014, 18:36

I wish I could come up with something better, but here goes: My husband Antonio knew the Mix family (as in the old-time cowboy star Tom Mix, who in turn knew Wyatt Earp,) yadda, yadda, yadda...."out on the western plain"....and I married Tony, so how many degrees is that?
Unfortunately, I think I could make a closer connection to the Mafia than I could to Rory, but don't tell anyone or you'll be wearing cement boots! ;)
maybeiwill

Postby Annie Elliott » 01 Sep 2014, 19:29

maybeiwill wrote:I wish I could come up with something better, but here goes: My husband Antonio knew the Mix family (as in the old-time cowboy star Tom Mix, who in turn knew Wyatt Earp,) yadda, yadda, yadda...."out on the western plain"....and I married Tony, so how many degrees is that?
Unfortunately, I think I could make a closer connection to the Mafia than I could to Rory, but don't tell anyone or you'll be wearing cement boots! ;)

OK, let's see...maybeiwill - husband Antonio - Tom Mix - Wyatt Earp - Lead Belly - Rory Gallagher...looks like 6 degrees, not bad! :P

That's soooo cool that your husband knew the Mix family. Now I wonder if Wyatt Earp ever ran into Jesse James? As for the Mafia, do my great uncles the bootleggers get me any protection? :lol:
Annie Elliott

Postby JimLED » 01 Sep 2014, 20:17

maybeiwill wrote:Unfortunately, I think I could make a closer connection to the Mafia than I could to Rory, but don't tell anyone or you'll be wearing cement boots! ;)

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Irishcelticgirl » 02 Sep 2014, 11:26

One degree.
Irishcelticgirl

Postby Annie Elliott » 02 Sep 2014, 22:06

Irishcelticgirl wrote:One degree.

:D
Annie Elliott

Postby maybeiwill » 03 Sep 2014, 01:19

Wait! I may have another: My ex-husband had a cousin whose wife (a former June Taylor dancer on the "Jackie Gleason Show) was a good friend of blues great John Lee Hooker....Ex - ex's cousin - ex's cousin's wife - John Lee Hooker - Rory Gallagher? Does that one work? :?
The ex's other cousin (the twin of the previously mentioned one) was a friend of Lou Gramm (nee Grammatico) of "Foreigner" and used to play in Chuck Mangione's Jazz Band. Ex - ex's cousin - Lou Gramm (rock star) - Rory (guitar god) OR ex - ex's cousin - Chuck Mangione (Jazz star) - Rory(some jazzy numbers.)
HEY! I'll try anything to get myself closer to Rory! :D
maybeiwill

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome