Rock & Roll map from Ireland

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Rock & Roll map from Ireland

Postby Madrid74 » 23 Aug 2014, 00:37

Tourism Ireland amended the map, including Rory Gallagher as a Corkonian :D

And they apologized ..

"Well, that was embarrassing. A certain 'rock legend' is now where he belongs on our Rock Map. bit.ly/1p0f7Cq As the man himself sang, "I ain't no saint". Looks like we ain't either. Rory fans, we salute you, and apologise (at the same time)."

Now the map looks brighter,

http://www.ireland.com/en-us/articles/ireland-rock-music-map

PS.- Would be nice if they also included Gary Moore ... as well as many others but ....
Madrid74

Postby AnnaMaria » 23 Aug 2014, 08:19

Yee-haaa!!!! Thanx alot for that great information Madrid.
I was one in a long line of complaining fans. It´s great to be Heard isn´t it!?

A rock n roll map without Rory is like breakfast without coffee. 8-)
AnnaMaria

Postby SUBY1974 » 23 Aug 2014, 21:07

That's really good news. Makes me wonder what planet they are on. Also I did e-mail Cork Council as to why Rory is not mention on their tribute Irish musician's page and they never replied to me! Perhaps we can all fire them some e-mails eh? And maybe they could cooperate with the Gallagher family and Crowley family to help do something with Crowley's Music Store and make Rock For Rory Cork Festival a bigger festival? Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Madrid74 » 24 Aug 2014, 17:57

SUBY1974 wrote:That's really good news. Makes me wonder what planet they are on. Also I did e-mail Cork Council as to why Rory is not mention on their tribute Irish musician's page and they never replied to me! Perhaps we can all fire them some e-mails eh? And maybe they could cooperate with the Gallagher family and Crowley family to help do something with Crowley's Music Store and make Rock For Rory Cork Festival a bigger festival? Subrata. x

If you make noise sometimes they hear you :D :D and it seems we made a lot of noise.

Would be interesting to evaluate the Ballyshannon Festival economic impact, and not only regarding Ballyshannon and their surroundings but also including other areas as Dublin and Cork cause these towns are also directly benefited during the season.
Economic terms is the only language nowadays some people understand.
Madrid74

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome