Flowers for Rory

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Flowers for Rory

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Aug 2014, 18:56

I wanted to leave flowers on Rory's grave this year, but I couldn't afford to go. I told my friend Jim how much I regretted not being able to do that, I just couldn't get my finances in order to go this time- So he arranged it for me-

Flowers for Rory- (wouldn't you know it, they chose red, white, and blue flowers, to Rory's left :lol: )

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz28 ... 77149f.jpg

http://s836.photobucket.com/user/otnemr ... b.jpg.html

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz28 ... 7f28d7.jpg

A million thanks to Jim McClymont and his friends Janice and Mick 8-)

Rory we all love you . . .
RobertaSparrow

Re: Flowers for Rory

Postby capo » 11 Aug 2014, 19:24

That was so beautiful and thoughtful for you to do Cynthia. I wished you had been able to meet and talk with Rory, at least one time. He would have loved it i'm sure. Peace.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Aug 2014, 14:18

Thank you Capo, someday I will meet him. :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 12 Aug 2014, 17:19

RobertaSparrow wrote:A million thanks to Jim McClymont and his friends Janice and Mick

Hi Cynthia,
That was very thoughtful of you and kind, of I presume Janice Burns and Mick Butler (Rory's roadie/ driver) with Jim doing the arranging. As I don't think Jim went on to Cork from Ballyshannon after The Rory Fest? As I know Janice and Mick were together and went on for the Cork Rocks for Rory gigs. :)
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Aug 2014, 19:36

Jay Jay wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote:A million thanks to Jim McClymont and his friends Janice and Mick

Hi Cynthia,
That was very thoughtful of you and kind, of I presume Janice Burns and Mick Butler (Rory's roadie/ driver) with Jim doing the arranging. As I don't think Jim went on to Cork from Ballyshannon after The Rory Fest? As I know Janice and Mick were together and went on for the Cork Rocks for Rory gigs. :)

No, Jim didn't want to stay away from his home that many days, he went home after Ballyshannon, but he had arranged it with his friends before he left Scotland for Ireland, and yes it was the same Janice and Mick, Janice chose the flowers, and I'm not certain but I think that may be Mick's legs reflected in the golden beams over Rory's grave, you can see the legs of whoever took the picture. :lol: Janice saved some of the lavender from the arrangement and dried it, gave it to Jim, and he's going to send it to me, and as soon as I get the dried lavender I will frame the photo with the sprigs of lavender around it in a shadow-box sort of arrangement.
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 12 Aug 2014, 21:05

Thanks for sharing Cynthia. Its beautiful. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Tibbierocks » 13 Aug 2014, 15:15

What a lovely thing to do Cynthia. very thoughtful.
Tibbierocks

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome